• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It didn’t take long to spread to GA

While I see some merit to the idea I see no way of implementing it. Do athletes in non revenue sports get any money? Do women sports get a portion of the football team money? As mentioned above does the QB tip the linemen (Maybe Matt Ryan should try this but I digress). Then, if college sports are truly a business ,do they just "hire" athletes and give them the option to get a college degree or cash?
I do understand what you saying here, but I think the answer is no. This law would merely allow for the player to have representation(an agent) and make money from his likeness(his name, jersey, autographs, etc). The start QB at a Division I college is far more marketable and valuable to the school than the girl on the volleyball team. As bad as that sounds, it's just the way it is. College football and basketball bring hundreds of millions of dollars to the college and NCAA. If the women's volleyball team starts pulling in that kind of money then sure go for it.

everybody pays their top players under the table. you think a top recruit changes his mind on what school he's goin too at the last second becuase he had a change of heart? No a higher bid came in. I'm all for this though, gettin paid, gettin paid.
Auctions are not allowed on the ODT.....oh....wait....we're not talking $1,100 Colt Pythons are we?

Trailrider Trailrider You know that. I know that. Even the WNBA knows that but all the Social Justice Warriors don't think it is fair. The schools will not want the angry mob at the games so there will be some sharing of the wealth somehow.
Yep you're right about the SJWs. They still think professional women's athletes should be paid as much as men, when they bring in a fraction of the revenue, because equality.

Let's face it, college sports are going to be ruined. I guess the next step will be salary caps(so the small poor schools can compete) I think this is a stupid idea. This will take collegiate athletics and then step down to high school. In my hometown back in the 80s when there were only 3 high schools here in Bartow, and Cartersville would recruit for the better athlete's, it took away from the other 2 schools in so many levels.

Back
Top Bottom