• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just can't focus on a red dot anymore.

I've tried repeatedly to set my short range rifles up with red dots and just can't see a clear dot anymore. I even have this problem to a lesser extent with an older Nightforce NXS 1-4 with the large circle dot reticle. The best sight picture I get is with a low cost Weaver Kaspa 1.5-6 tactical scope. It's crystal clear and has an illuminated reticle with come-up gradients in it that really work.

It seems crazy, but I think I'm about to sell the Nightforce and about four or five red dots that I've accumulated and replace them with two $200 scopes.
Yeah I hear you man. I'm getting to the point where I am going to need reading glasses. Not sure what is going to happen with my ability to see scopes and iron sights. Getting older is a beach.

Yeah I hear you man. I'm getting to the point where I am going to need reading glasses. Not sure what is going to happen with my ability to see scopes and iron sights. Getting older is a beach.
Scopes are great because you can focus them regardless of what the glasses do. (My 1-4 NXS seems to be an exception to this.) Irons or red dots are a whole different story.

Seems like for the precision stuff, having dedicated 'shooting' glasses shouldn't be an issue. It's not like you'll be needing that in a dark alleyway on the wrong side of town.

I've tried repeatedly to set my short range rifles up with red dots and just can't see a clear dot anymore. I even have this problem to a lesser extent with an older Nightforce NXS 1-4 with the large circle dot reticle. The best sight picture I get is with a low cost Weaver Kaspa 1.5-6 tactical scope. It's crystal clear and has an illuminated reticle with come-up gradients in it that really work.

It seems crazy, but I think I'm about to sell the Nightforce and about four or five red dots that I've accumulated and replace them with two $200 scopes.

Make sure you let me know before you go and post everything up.... :becky:

Back
Top Bottom