• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

just dropped a side lock trigger

the thing i like is it does not change the glock system. i have a clip draw on it, i can engage the safety and slip it into a pocket. thats something i would never do with a glock otherwise. i am not worried about shooting myself,and its a lot easier to disengage this one with my trigger finger in a fire situation.my finger is on the safety,so if i forget it,i dont need to move my thumb like on other pistols.
if you disengage this safety, the glock safe action trigger still functions 100%,you still need to depress the little trigger bar before the trigger will move...

I don't understand why you are using a clip draw for pocket use? What does the clip draw do that just putting the gun in your pocket doesn't do? Just get a pocket holster and be done. Some of the kydex versions out there are very thin and don't add much bulk. Regardless of what method you use, that pocket shouldn't have anything in it but the gun and holster.

If you are using the clipdraw to hold the holster IWB, then I suggest using it with a trigger guard holster like a Dale Fricke Zach holster or other minimalist design.

I don't like the trigger guard safety because unless you are firing the gun, your finger has no business inside the trigger guard. I feel like this system could potentially have the same drawbacks as the Serpa holsters, you are using your finger close to the trigger to press a button, and in a high stress situation you could potentially fire the gun without meaning to. That defeats the entire purpose of why you added a safety to your gun.

The Glock has multiple internal safeties, if you don't actuate the trigger it won't fire. Use a good holster that covers the trigger (they make pocket holsters too). It's pretty simple. Extraneous safeties do get people killed when they draw and fail to actuate the safety under stress...and then can't figure out why the gun won't work...while being shot/stabbed/etc. Or maybe it eats too much pocket lint and won't budge.

I'm guessing those cops ND'd while reholstering? Sounds like a training issue, take your finger off the trigger, look at the holster and put the gun in it. There's no reason to rush to reholster, if you are putting the gun away the threat is over, take your time.
all of them defeated by moving the safety bar, so you guys dont like it, dont use one. i like the added safety, so i will. its cool.
so is the problem,you dont like it, or i showed it?
if you are glock guys, have you done any trigger work to them? that for a carry gun is one of the dumbest things you can do.
the pocket clip give me the option of changing my carry very quickly.
i.e, you stop somewhere that says you cant carry. now this is not a debate of dont go in or go someplace else. they see your holster and say you cant carry. you go out to the car,drop the holster, use the clip to pocket or iwb, and go back in.
you guys get that if i dont slide the safety over, it still has ALL of the stock glock safeties? right?
i think this has run its course, "so we are good on its bad and this is why"
so lets keep it to the guys who are interested in it,not just opinions on why its bad...
heck, i may hate it after a day of using it. right now its not activated because i am not familiar with it.
but one last thing. what if i am familiar with glocks, i rob you and get your gun( this is hypothetical,because i dont steal and most everyone reading this is quicker on the draw than billy the kid on redbull) i shoot you. same thing now, but you have the trigger lock on, i pull and pull but cant get it to fire. you knock me out...
a group of super models see it,and ar so impressed they make you procreate with them,right there on the spot...glad you had your safety on???

all of them defeated by moving the safety bar, so you guys dont like it, dont use one. i like the added safety, so i will. its cool.
so is the problem,you dont like it, or i showed it?
if you are glock guys, have you done any trigger work to them? that for a carry gun is one of the dumbest things you can do.
the pocket clip give me the option of changing my carry very quickly.
i.e, you stop somewhere that says you cant carry. now this is not a debate of dont go in or go someplace else. they see your holster and say you cant carry. you go out to the car,drop the holster, use the clip to pocket or iwb, and go back in.
you guys get that if i dont slide the safety over, it still has ALL of the stock glock safeties? right?
i think this has run its course, "so we are good on its bad and this is why"
so lets keep it to the guys who are interested in it,not just opinions on why its bad...
heck, i may hate it after a day of using it. right now its not activated because i am not familiar with it.
but one last thing. what if i am familiar with glocks, i rob you and get your gun( this is hypothetical,because i dont steal and most everyone reading this is quicker on the draw than billy the kid on redbull) i shoot you. same thing now, but you have the trigger lock on, i pull and pull but cant get it to fire. you knock me out...
a group of super models see it,and ar so impressed they make you procreate with them,right there on the spot...glad you had your safety on???
That safety bar you are talking about is the trigger, so yes if I pull the trigger I want my Glock to go bang.

Nope, I run a stock trigger in my Glock.

I could care less if they say I can't carry, the "no guns allowed" signs don't carry force of law here in GA, not that they would even see my firearm. Now if it is illegal to carry in a place, I don't. I simply unholster in my car and lock it up, no big deal.

Nice hypothetical situation but it doesn't make any sense, if he robbed me (presumably with a gun) why would he transition to my gun to shoot me? He's going to shoot me with his gun, the only thing that trigger safety will do is increase the time it takes me to get a shot off on him.

I'm not trying to hate on this safety, only trying to point out that it's a bad idea and a bad solution to the problem of carrying a gun without a holster. It's your life and it's a free country (kind of), so carry what you want. It doesn't make a bit of difference to me, just trying to help. Have a good one! :usa::thumb:

my wife has a gun totin' mamas purse, it has a holster made into it. but it is still possible to drop something in the gun slot. i cant figure out why an additional safety feature could be bad on a gun with a history of accidental discharge ..

In both of these incidents, the police officers were using the same weapon, a Glock: a polymer-frame, striker-fired pistol with a short trigger pull and no external safeties. ... They contributed to more than 120 accidental discharges in the Washington Metropolitan Police Department from 1988 to 1998.May 7, 2015

So long as you have a good holsters an extra safety is optional, but if it works for you have at it. My only concern with that is that you do have to touch the trigger to disengage it. Practice that enough to be fluid with this and you will probably find yourself reaching for the trigger even on guns that don't have this device. Could be a real training scar.

In your wife's case she still has to be just as vigilant about only having the gun in the pistol section of the purse, since anything that got in and could pull the trigger, could probably also knock that loose as well.

The Glocks have a history of negligent discharges, mainly folks who can't keep their finger off the trigger when they don't want to shoot. I'm sure there are just as many NDs with other pistols for exactly the same reason, even ones with thumb safeties, but there are a lot more Glocks out there in daily use.

One other thing to remember though... If Mr. Murphy pays a visit and that device gets knocked off and you get an ND, Glock will say that the 3rd party device disabled a vital safety feature of their design if you end up in court.

If push comes to shove you are always better off having the gun company pulling the same way you are if anything ends up in court. If you want an additional safety you should probably look at a different firearm, so you don't have to add something after the fact.

???elaborate. the safety is dangerous?
i would say its how you train. i would say the same risk of me not disengaging my safety, would be about the same risk as someone drawing and firing before they ever got on target. maybe shooting yourself in the leg or waist as you draw...
To disengage the safety, you have to put your finger on the trigger. Guess you need to learn the four safety rules again

let me put it another way... if i draw on you,you can count on 2 things....
1 i intend to fire if necessary
2 my finger is on the trigger as per 1
few stats
someone can raise a gun from their side and fire,before you can go from guard to trigger and fire.
if you draw it, be ready to use it...
  • Time to Draw (a pistol) from a Holster 1.19 seconds
  • Time to Raise (a pistol) and Fire 0.59 seconds
  • Time to Run 15 feet 1.28 seconds
  • Time to fire from trigger guard 0.95

To disengage the safety, you have to put your finger on the trigger. Guess you need to learn the four safety rules again
ha
you still dont touch the glock factory safety. you push the plunger from the side of the trigger. then you move your finger in front,depress the glock safety blade, the the gun will fire..
if i am drawing i am not playing. dont expect me to "tacticool hold my finger on the guard" if i am to that point, play time is over.

ha
you still dont touch the glock factory safety. you push the plunger from the side of the trigger. then you move your finger in front,depress the glock safety blade, the the gun will fire..
if i am drawing i am not playing. dont expect me to "tacticool hold my finger on the guard" if i am to that point, play time is over.
I know how it works. One came on a Glock I traded for. It's your gun so do whatever you want with it

when do you guys take guns off safe. i do it when i fire it. the only way i can see a problem with touching the trigger to take it off safe, is if you are playing with your gun. its not a toy or your pud,
if its out, its out to use.

Back
Top Bottom