• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

just mad

if needed are you willing to stand along side of me in front of the theater with a sign?

• yes

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • dont choose this one. i will spring for 5 buck pizza and cold water

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
He is off duty and paid by the business, there is nothing illegal about but if you choose to get all butt-hurt about it then so be it.

Its legal for now, and until Georgia changes that law its a great way to make easy money. We already don't get paid a lot in this job and the side jobs help.

I choose to hold people to the law. Cops included. That means that using public property to make private money, called misappropriation of public funds, needs to apply to moonlighting cops as well. If cops want to work security using their training I think that's great. As long as they buy their own uniforms weapons, ammo and equipment and do not present themselves as police. A security guard who presented himself as a cop would be guilty of impersonating a police officer. A cop in private employ should be guilty of the same if he is representing himself as a cop.

Sorry you can't keep up, I thought I was pretty clear.

But the Officer is there because the business paid him. Though YOU may have a problem with it does not make it illegal. If YOU have a problem with it call the S.O. or call your State representatives and complain.

Then I guess it's time to write my congressman. The use of publicly funded property to make money is illegal for everyone BUT cops. Interesting. I guess we know who is above the law. And whenever you see someone in a police uniform, they might just be working for some company and not have any real authority. So another blurred line. Thanks. I keep up just fine. Let's see how this plays out in todays political climate.

I choose to hold people to the law. Cops included. That means that using public property to make private money, called misappropriation of public funds, needs to apply to moonlighting cops as well. If cops want to work security using their training I think that's great. As long as they buy their own uniforms weapons, ammo and equipment and do not present themselves as police. A security guard who presented himself as a cop would be guilty of impersonating a police officer. A cop in private employ should be guilty of the same if he is representing himself as a cop.

Prove it, find me that code section in the Georgia Law stating that an PEACE OFFICER can not work a side job for a private business for personal gain.

Then I guess it's time to write my congressman. The use of publicly funded property to make money is illegal for everyone BUT cops. Interesting. I guess we know who is above the law. And whenever you see someone in a police uniform, they might just be working for some company and not have any real authority. So another blurred line. Thanks. I keep up just fine. Let's see how this plays out in todays political climate.

Ok, let me know how that works out for you.

Please give us an update of your progress. ;)

Sure. If nothing else I'll piss in a lot of cheerios along the way. If a ****ing cop can misuse public property and abuse his authority, why can't everyone else.

And just think of all the wonderful tax payer repercussions when an off duty cop, getting paid by ABC Liquor shoots someone. Then I guess it's the city/county/etc that bears all the legal costs.

But you are good with that. As long as they get to wear their POLICE gear and yell POLICE even though they aren't at the time. Cool. Gotcha bro.

Last edited:
Sorry you can't keep up, I thought I was pretty clear.

But the Officer is there because the business paid him. Though YOU may have a problem with it does not make it illegal. If YOU have a problem with it call the S.O. or call your State representatives and complain.

Just a question, I have no dog in this hunt. Scenario: If a customer was carrying. The business asked the security officer (off duty cop) to confront the customer. If the off duty cop does so and the customer becomes upset and argumentative but not a threat, at what point will the off duty security guard announce "I am a cop, do as I say do"? Also, do they have the right to (if need to) apprehend (cuff) the customer if he/she becomes upset ( but not a threat)?

Just a question, I have no dog in this hunt. Scenario: If a customer was carrying. The business asked the security officer (off duty cop) to confront the customer. If the off duty cop does so and the customer becomes upset and argumentative but not a threat, at what point will the off duty security guard announce "I am a cop, do as I say do"? Also, do they have the right to (if need to) apprehend (cuff) the customer if he/she becomes upset ( but not a threat)?

There is a lot of "what if" there. But it would depend on the officer so I can't give you like a be all end all answer. But I could tell you what I would do.

There is a lot of "what if" there. But it would depend on the officer so I can't give you like a be all end all answer. But I could tell you what I would do.

Oh YOU'RE a cop. LOL. SO you LIKE being able to use public property to make money for yourself. NOW I get it.

Riding that badge, totin that gun and being MR. Cop...the veil parts.

Oh YOU'RE a cop. LOL. SO you LIKE being able to use public property to make money for yourself. NOW I get it.

Riding that badge, totin that gun and being MR. Cop...the veil parts.
Yep. I don't know what kind of response you were wanting from me.

Should I yell our get butt hurt. I'm lost for emotions here. Because name calling doesn't bother me anymore, or the typical cop jokes. All the insults just lose feeling after the 20th time hearing them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom