• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

just mad

if needed are you willing to stand along side of me in front of the theater with a sign?

• yes

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • dont choose this one. i will spring for 5 buck pizza and cold water

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
There is a lot of "what if" there. But it would depend on the officer so I can't give you like a be all end all answer. But I could tell you what I would do.

10-4, I would suspect that a lot of cops would use their "I'm a cop" saying to try to gain instant control of the situation. That is where I believe they crossed that fine line. Either they are a security officer or they are a cop. (see my point?) You are right, it does depend on who the person is.
I feel sure that the businesses that use the off duty cops feel more secure hiring an off duty cop as opposed to a mall cop. Also, I feel sure it is a good way for off duty cops to make some extra cash. It's a win win situation for most.

10-4, I would suspect that a lot of cops would use their "I'm a cop" saying to try to gain instant control of the situation. That is where I believe they crossed that fine line. Either they are a security officer or they are a cop. (see my point?) You are right, it does depend on who the person is.
I feel sure that the businesses that use the off duty cops feel more secure hiring an off duty cop as opposed to a mall cop. Also, I feel sure it is a good way for off duty cops to make some extra cash. It's a win win situation for most.
You can tell a cop vs security guard, but yeah it saves time just to have to cop there cause if the guy is going to jail then the officer is already there. Also if the situation escalates the business is less liable.

I have employed several Officers (4-5) in classes both local & out of town/ state.

From the standpoint of a movie theater I'm confident the Officer employed as a security guard would deter unruly behavior & enforce company policy until the point where someone became overly belligerent. Then the offender would open themselves up to a charge of criminal trespass, disturbing the peace, etc. because of THEIR actions.
Then like Dennis said, the Officer would then be able to "change hats" & act in a more official capacity BECAUSE OF THE ACTIONS OF THE OTHER PARTY IN BREAKING THE LAW since the Officer was already onsite.

Officers are way underpaid for what they do so & a least have some training. If my family were at a theater w/o me (or even w/ me for that matter) I would rather an Officer be there than just a security guard.

Are there some bad cops out there? Sure, same as every other occupation. But in my experience most are good guys who are overworked & underpaid for what they do.

Sherriff
it was Duncan, and he was super cool about it, and also made a comment about there lack of testies for not putting up the sign. he was just doing what the owners wanted. I have no problem with his job, I feal sorry he had to do it.
he should have told the owners they need to put a sign up if he is going to enforce their stupid rules

I have employed several Officers (4-5) in classes both local & out of town/ state.

From the standpoint of a movie theater I'm confident the Officer employed as a security guard would deter unruly behavior & enforce company policy until the point where someone became overly belligerent. Then the offender would open themselves up to a charge of criminal trespass, disturbing the peace, etc. because of THEIR actions.
Then like Dennis said, the Officer would then be able to "change hats" & act in a more official capacity BECAUSE OF THE ACTIONS OF THE OTHER PARTY IN BREAKING THE LAW since the Officer was already onsite.

Officers are way underpaid for what they do so & a least have some training. If my family were at a theater w/o me (or even w/ me for that matter) I would rather an Officer be there than just a security guard.

Are there some bad cops out there? Sure, same as every other occupation. But in my experience most are good guys who are overworked & underpaid for what they do.

See that's the problem. He's not "changing hats" hes a rented cop wearing the same hat that the tax payers paid for. It's still misappropriation of public funds to use the badge and uniform. I think the learned expertise and experience are a natural for moonlighting as security guards and it's great that cops have a ready source for extra income. Especially since cops are way undervalued and under paid by society. But never should a cop take private money while wearing and representing himself as a cop.

Yep. I don't know what kind of response you were wanting from me.

Should I yell our get butt hurt. I'm lost for emotions here. Because name calling doesn't bother me anymore, or the typical cop jokes. All the insults just lose feeling after the 20th time hearing them.

No you should do neither. You SHOULD, however understand and support the same laws for cops as you do for all other government employees. I bet you'd have no problem arresting a utility worker, taking the city truck out to side contract jobs. Or the councilman who uses a bit of tax money to fund an investment(even if he plans to return the original cash to the county fund). SO why do you think it's OK to run around in uniform(POLICE uniform), when you are really only a security guard?

Personally, I don't appreciate the idea that

A: the police can be bought. If a cop in uniform works for ANYONE other than the police, then the police are mercenaries. and;

B. This schmuck security guard in my face can arrest me for violating some company policy. Because if I take offense to some mall cop sharing his breath with me over some mickey mouse bull **** the store disapproves of(like LEGALLY carrying a firearm) then he can escalate it to the point where it's magically "resisting arrest" so some other horse crap charge. You have no right to bring POLICE power to private practice. Period.

A store locally used to hire cops to direct traffic so it's customers could get in and out during the busy times. THAT'S abuse of power for private profit. A cop telling you that you have to leave your gun in the car when that is NOT the law, is abuse of power.

No you should do neither. You SHOULD, however understand and support the same laws for cops as you do for all other government employees. I bet you'd have no problem arresting a utility worker, taking the city truck out to side contract jobs. Or the councilman who uses a bit of tax money to fund an investment(even if he plans to return the original cash to the county fund). SO why do you think it's OK to run around in uniform(POLICE uniform), when you are really only a security guard?

A: the police can be bought. If a cop in uniform works for ANYONE other than the police, then the police are mercenaries. and;

B. This schmuck security guard in my face can arrest me for violating some company policy. Because if I take offense to some mall cop sharing his breath with me over some mickey mouse bull **** the store disapproves of(like LEGALLY carrying a firearm) then he can escalate it to the point where it's magically "resisting arrest" so some other horse crap charge. You have no right to bring POLICE power to private practice. Period.

A store locally used to hire cops to direct traffic so it's customers could get in and out during the busy times. THAT'S abuse of power for private profit. A cop telling you that you have to leave your gun in the car when that is NOT the law, is abuse of power.
that is a good point

i have no problem with police being security, but they need to leave the badge and uniform at home

And as I stated before:

i.qkme.me_3s3k1d.jpg

And as I stated before:

i.qkme.me_3s3k1d.jpg
LOL. See, all this time I've stood up against all the cop bashers and haters. And here you are, the one I always admitted was there. The worm amidst the apples.

Right and wrong don't apply to cops like you. And sooner or later I do believe you will prove that.

Back
Top Bottom