• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just moved from Fulton to Dekalb

The last two times I got my permit in Dekalb, it was literally a couple of weeks from when I was standing in the probate court to getting it in the mail. Dekalb never impresses me, this type of service was exceptional and fast!!!!!

Hello ODT community!
After a decade in Fulton, I just moved to Dekalb.
What is the story with CCW permits? Do I need to apply for a new one within Dekalb county? Is it considered a renewal?
Can't find any literature out there.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Sorry you have to live in either one of those counties.

Don't they typically match the address when buying a gun at a store or using an FFL pick up?
Yes they do
Last audit BATFE agents told us they wanted to see that. Whether law or not, it’s what the field agents told us and the store I work at decided to move forward with the requirement.

Most if not all stores around me require the same thing seeing as we share BATFE agents within the district.

www.threadbombing.com_data_media_20_ComingToAmericaLaugh.gif

Some responses to this are missing the concept. If I ever have to move to either county, someone take the gun the OP was looking at and shoot me.

Yes they do
Last audit BATFE agents told us they wanted to see that. Whether law or not, it’s what the field agents told us and the store I work at decided to move forward with the requirement.

Most if not all stores around me require the same thing seeing as we share BATFE agents within the district.
Well they ain't gonna like my records when they come inspect me. But it won't be the first time I've had to set them straight :lol:

Yes they do

If they don’t match do you simply run the NICS or do you have to deny them the sale?

Back
Top Bottom