• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just moved from Fulton to Dekalb

Mine do not match, as I’ve been in my current home only 2 years. Never had an issue and even called Cobb Probate to make sure I wouldn’t. FFLs just treat it like they match and I do not have to go through the background process.

If they don’t match do you simply run the NICS or do you have to deny them the sale?
My store will request a second government issued form of ID that can prove your place of residence. Or deny the sale.

Well they ain't gonna like my records when they come inspect me. But it won't be the first time I've had to set them straight :lol:

Bro no one gets audited more than us.....no one

As long as driver license is current doesn’t have to match. I had this for a while with no problems just some gun shops don’t like it but it ain’t wrong. If you want to waste money for it to match then go ahead
This is correct as of last year. I moved from Cobb to Paulding. Went to Paulding to tranfer it over and they told me "don't bother". It would require a while new application and as long as my DL is correct the permit's address didn't matter. I've purchased 2 guns since then at different shops and both times I was told the same thing. As long the DL address is current the address on the permit doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom