• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Keep an eye out please

I will confess I have had a few things for sale that I knew would command top dollar. But I would not and did not put them here on the ODT for sale because it is, in some ways, a "community". I did howerver put them on gunbroker for starting prices that they would normally get and let people bid to what they wanted to pay. Did I make money, sure but only letting people choose how much they thought the item was worth. For example I had NIB Mini 14 that I bought at Big Woods Goods for, with tax, $800. Had 4 nip Ruger mags (20 rd) that went with it. Put it on GB and it sold for $1250.00. I made a profit of close to $300 but I felt I did not want to put it here to make a profit. I know others are selling their minis for $900-$1800 (and most are not new, so purchased back when prices were even lower then current store price) but I did not want to make that kind of money on you folks here. I wonder if we should have our own auction section?

i sold almost everything i had on Armslist...same deal.

rvtec88

DITTOS!!! There was an add up the other day for a fellow looking for some brass for a new gun he bought....There is no brass out there, as we know....I had plenty...Well, I could have charged him what I wanted...I sent him 50 pieces free...and paid the shipping....told him to send it back when his came in...Thought that was what's this place is about

Wow! Sorta hard to misrepresent the truth when the truth of your posts can me thrown up in your face so easy . I don't have a dog in this fight, but it is interesting to watch someone getting called out for trying to take advantage of people . I joined this fourm to meet and deal with people who have the same interests as me. isnt it all about trying to help each other out and be a good neighbor to everyone else on the fourms? if I find a great deal on something and can share it with my friends then thats what I will do. BUT if you feel you need to put the screws to people around you , then thats your right, (I guess).But enjoy your REP , You earned it! The names Mud, Mister Mud!:eek:

rvtec88

DITTOS!!! There was an add up the other day for a fellow looking for some brass for a new gun he bought....There is no brass out there, as we know....I had plenty...Well, I could have charged him what I wanted...I sent him 50 pieces free...and paid the shipping....told him to send it back when his came in...Thought that was what's this place is about

Good stuff right there; that's awesome!!

Right on brotha :thumb:

Give Dana Safety Supply in Buford a call. I got my S&W M&P 40c for $100 less than everywhere else and they give you 3 mags instead of the regular 2 (police issue that's why...and no I am not a police officer).

But why would that cause them to lose their odt privilege? I don't understand that.

not sure about anything pertaining to them posting on here or anything. it doesnt say banned on thier user id. i think just if they did ever post on here again, 99% of the users here would bash thier thread endlessly.

i will never shop their again personally. it wasnt a decision of the people that work and manage the store, it was the parent company. so no hard feelings of mine towards the people that work there at all. but i will never step foot in there again.

Back
Top Bottom