kel tec pmr-30

I'm guessing you have never owned a pmr or shot one

Good guess. I definitely didn't JUST say I won't own Kel Tec products or anything...

I have test fired one. Cool weapon. Awesome concept... just happens to be made by a company that seemingly cannot organize or get production under control. I welcome the day KT decides to start implementing more responsible business practices. They've got some incredibly innovative weapons that I would be glad to add to the collection.

Good guess. I definitely didn't JUST say I won't own Kel Tec products or anything...

I have test fired one. Cool weapon. Awesome concept... just happens to be made by a company that seemingly cannot organize or get production under control. I welcome the day KT decides to start implementing more responsible business practices. They've got some incredibly innovative products.

Ya well I certainly can't argue with you about production... I am just glad I was able to get my hands on one... My understanding is that they had kind of a perfect storm. Much more demand than they expected, a few design issues that needed correcting... Got that taken care of then a machine issue that required retooling... And by that time back orders out the wazoo.... That said... If the RMR 30 ever comes out, I will want one of those too.

Ya well I certainly can't argue with you about production... I am just glad I was able to get my hands on one... My understanding is that they had kind of a perfect storm. Much more demand than they expected, a few design issues that needed correcting... Got that taken care of then a machine issue that required retooling... And by that time back orders out the wazoo.... That said... If the RMR 30 ever comes out, I will want one of those too.

I don't buy it. I think sloppy, lazy business tactics are to blame. Remember the LCP recall? Demand was insane. Prices were stable, and the market was adequately supplied. Kel Tec needs to pull its collective head out of its ass.

That's my problem with Keltec. I've owned several and they're decent guns. The problem is, they're sloppy as a company. From what I've read, they're one of the largest gun companies in the US, and yet, they can't "keep up" with production or CS issues. On top of that, $2,000 for a KSG, or $800 for a PMR-30? That's insane.

I'm also looking for Ruger to pull off a PMR-30 competitor. If you don't know why, go pick up a Keltec P3-AT and then a Ruger LCP... you'll feel a massive difference in quality.

Kel tec has had some recent problems and set backs. I visited their new location while they were moving to a new location. At that time production had stopped but still got a tour of their new facility. Great bunch of people. The KSG is going for 2-3k and the pmr is 1000-1500 on gun broker. Fortunately I paid in the low $400's for my PMR and right at mid $700's for my KSG, mind you during this whole scare. :D Perks for being in the gun industry.

I shot Pops PMR on Monday, its a nice little package, 30 rounds, no recoil, I like it.

Reminded me of a 5.7 in terms of recoil and flash.

I sold my 5.7 due to never finding ammo regularly. Didn't need a $1300 paperweight if ammo were plentiful I'd buy another. Shot this baby today and immediately want at least 3 more for truck guns bug out bag guns. At 25 yards all 30 within the 9 rapid fire. Beyond impressed and can't wait to add another to the arsenal.

Back
Top Bottom