• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

kicked out of hunt club for posting a pic

Retrieve your stands ASAP, call the landowner first to let him know you are doing this as you are leaving the club and its your personal property. If and when you get your money back, you are free to do what you want. However, in the meantime waiting on money, I would sight in my hunting rifles right after sun up or last light. You really need to "see" how your scope performs in those conditions. Make sure to tell guy that until you get your money you are still a member; but won't be hunting. If they don't send you your money (fair chance of that), I would call the land owner and express your safety concerns about drinking and guns on the property and say no more. All they have to do is find 1 beer can or bottle (hint, hint).

I'm not a lawyer; and I didn't have to stay at a Holiday Inn due to storm damage

If your dues are up in May then more than likely he leases this land from a Timber Co or Land Management company. I have leased many properties and managed many clubs to know how they operate.

1. Per the leasing agency he is responsible for all activity on that property and must have you on the lease to charge for it. If you did not sign the leasing agencies land lease contract then he is in violation from the start. All members or persons entering the lease shall be named on the lease document as well as personal information (address, phone number) and the all members must sign the signature page.

2. Per the lease agreement he shall carry an insurance policy that covers all members of the hunting lease.Most land management companies never ask you to provide proof of insurance so club managers overlook this requirement.

What I am getting at is, if you wanted to be a real dick you could find out who he leases the property from and notify them of his activity that breaks the lease agreement as well as his unlawful hunting practices. He might not loose the lease but I assure you it would cause problems that he does not want during his hunting season. Then again it is very possible they could pull the lease from him due to the lease agreement infractions.

Either way I could not just lay down and allow my self to get railroaded like that.To many times in this world in this day and age people act without thinking of the repercussions of the actions and if no one is there to teach them a lesson then there is no lesson learned and the behavior is allowed to continue.

Good luck and I hope you get your money refunded.

So I am coming in late... not willing to start from thread 1 right now.... Did you post a pic of the guys wife or something??
Worse....much worse.....a large deer that was photo'd on his plot/hunt area that the president of the club wasn't going to get a shot at.

If your dues are up in May then more than likely he leases this land from a Timber Co or Land Management company. I have leased many properties and managed many clubs to know how they operate.

1. Per the leasing agency he is responsible for all activity on that property and must have you on the lease to charge for it. If you did not sign the leasing agencies land lease contract then he is in violation from the start. All members or persons entering the lease shall be named on the lease document as well as personal information (address, phone number) and the all members must sign the signature page.

2. Per the lease agreement he shall carry an insurance policy that covers all members of the hunting lease.Most land management companies never ask you to provide proof of insurance so club managers overlook this requirement.

What I am getting at is, if you wanted to be a real dick you could find out who he leases the property from and notify them of his activity that breaks the lease agreement as well as his unlawful hunting practices. He might not loose the lease but I assure you it would cause problems that he does not want during his hunting season. Then again it is very possible they could pull the lease from him due to the lease agreement infractions.

Either way I could not just lay down and allow my self to get railroaded like that.To many times in this world in this day and age people act without thinking of the repercussions of the actions and if no one is there to teach them a lesson then there is no lesson learned and the behavior is allowed to continue.

Good luck and I hope you get your money refunded.
you are right on with the leasing and i am named on such lease as a member
i have in my mind to send them an email or call after its all over
if i get my money i will do something to piss him off
if i dont then i will i may do something to hurt his hunting......legally

Back
Top Bottom