• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

kicklite shotgun stock

pipefitter72

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
3   0
Reaction score
just ordered 2 Kicklite adjustable stocks for our Mossberg 500s.The wife is kinda small and I am just getting wimpy in my old age. I was wondering if anybody here has used the recoil reducing stocks and what is your opinion of them?

I got one of the Knoxx SpecOps adjustable stocks for my Remy 870, and it made a WORLD of difference! WELL worth the money! And it looks cooler too!
Here's my wife shooting ours after the new stock...this pic is actually 'mid-shot!' Hard to catch the mid-shot pics...This was
00 Buck Shot too...she shot several 8 shot bird loads before this and wasnt sore or tired at all.
[Broken External Image]:

I have never used the Kicklite stocks but I have used the Knoxx stocks on a 20ga and I have been impressed with it's performance. So if the Kicklite stocks are anything like the Knoxx product I think you did well.

If you are thinking about an dedicated low recoil HD shotgun that your wife might use or might be better suited for someone with a shoulder injury or whatever check out a 20ga. At the ranges you are facing for HD the 20ga offers you punch of the 12ga without the heavy recoil of the 12ga to top it off Knoxx also known as Blackhawk makes their Spec-ops stock for the 20ga guns which will further reduce the recoil. Wilson combat makes a 20ga two shot extension tube for the 870 to extend the capacity to 6+1. Mesa Tactical also makes a side saddle for the 20ga 870. You can add any tactical safety to the 20ga 870 since the trigger group is the same and you can have a gunsmith braze a spacer in the 20ga forend that will allow you to use a 12ga forend on the 20ga shotgun so you can use either a Speedfeed forend or better yet a Surefire forend. Finally you can add a Meprolight bead to round it out. The set up makes a killer hard hitting, light kicking HD gun. There are a couple of custom gun smiths online doing this set up for about a grand but you can pretty much all of it yourself except the forend mod yourself for cheap. I built mine for around $700 total. I built one because there is no disadvantage to using a 20ga at the typical ranges of a HD engagement and at the same time you get just about the same amount of firepower as a 12ga. Additionally if my wife does end up using it I know that it is not going to be difficult to use because the recoil is not going to be as great so follow up shots will be much quicker. Basically the learning curve for a 20ga is shallower then the 12ga.

Leatherhead, pretty ballsy I can't get my wife to touch a shotgun. Bravo to your wife for getting behind the trigger sir very impressive. :D Some friendly advice. Your wife needs to tuck the shotgun down into her shoulder more it is up too high. Get her leaning a little forward. Get her head down onto the gun and a solid cheek weld, loose the bladed stance. The bladed stance doesn't work that well with heavy recoil weapons like shotguns. Think about tackling someone. You take them head on feet squared up ready to absorb the impact. Energy travels the path of least resistance. A squared stance with your knees slightly bent with help absorb that recoil better and help achieve quicker follow up shots. I hate showing youtube videos to show what I am talking about but Brian Hoffner is a highly respected instructor and he does a good job getting the point across. Not trying to disrespect Leatherhead I just saw the photo and noticed a few things from it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom