Killed My First Rattlesnake Of the Year

1680272382922.jpeg

1680272417536.jpeg

1680272458881.jpeg

Walkin through here every morning I figured I’d have pictures of dead moccasins but I’ve only seen one and it burned out when I stepped towards him to chop him w/ shovel.

Me and three of my friends were playing on the golf course up in Ellijay. I can't remember the name of the club but it's in one of those house communities up there on the left side 575 that turns into some other name up there. I had walked over and hit my ball out of the rough and there was due in the morning. I got back at the cart and looked at my footsteps and noticed there was a big black object and my footsteps were right over it. Not beside of it not close to it but I stepped right over it. Twice, once when I walked over there and again when I walk back to the cart. When I looked at the black object I wondered what the heck it was cuz I don't remember looking down and stepping over it. So I walk back over and expect it and I'll be darned it was a snake and curled up and he wasn't moving because it was real cool in the morning. I guess he came out and just was sitting there waiting for the sun to come out. Of course I had to get the other three in the force them over but we couldn't believe it. It was right in the middle of my stride. His head was tucked under his body so I couldn't see if he was poisonous or not but it woke me up that morning that's for sure. The other three guys in the foursome was Chuck Boutin, Matt Gibbs and Tim Morris and they can attest to this very event. Appear in Virginia there are a ton of snakes there are a lot of copperheads last year for some reason I just take a long stick and Chuck them over in the Kudzu. If they persist to come back towards the house then I have to blow him to hell. I have that CCI 22 shotshell for the occasion.

Don’t normally carry on the mower, to much dirt and dust, get it from head to toe. Didn’t want to expose any of my handguns to that. I’m definitely rethinking it now, may make my Ruger Wrangler, my new mower carry.

Back
Top Bottom