• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Killed My First Rattlesnake Of the Year

steelhorse

Law Enforcement Supporter
ODT Junkie!
19   0
Reaction score
Heads up to all my Southwest Georgia brothers, killed a 5ft rattlesnake today, around 4:00. Never seen one this early in the year, or on such a cool day. It was probably 62 degrees and a cool wind. I was actually mowing in a tee shirt, with long sleeve shirt over it. I had been mowing the horse pasture, just in front of my house, just knocking the weeds down, so the grass will come in. This guy was a big one, about 5ft long, but really large in diameter. He had 8 rattles and a button. Some of you may remember my posts from 2021, where Gracie the super Chihuahua, ( all 5 pounds of her) was rattlesnake bitten twice in three months. Be careful guys, they are definitely moving. I know that in official OTD fashion, pics or it didn’t happen. I didn’t have a firearm, so the Snapper Pro zero turn did the job. Kinda looked like hamburger coming out the grass shoot. Sorry about the photos. Lol
72508B00-FBED-40E1-AA0F-15152E1CD464.jpeg
E9D933BB-CA9A-4C3A-9897-C19458236D49.jpeg

I've killed a bunch over the years, including this one. Nowadays if they dont pose a threat or near a house I let them go. Glad you got rid of him. This one I killed was in crossing the road at my buddies house.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220319-140935_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220319-140935_Gallery.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 87
Heads up to all my Southwest Georgia brothers, killed a 5ft rattlesnake today, around 4:00. Never seen one this early in the year, or on such a cool day. It was probably 62 degrees and a cool wind. I was actually mowing in a tee shirt, with long sleeve shirt over it. I had been mowing the horse pasture, just in front of my house, just knocking the weeds down, so the grass will come in. This guy was a big one, about 5ft long, but really large in diameter. He had 8 rattles and a button. Some of you may remember my posts from 2021, where Gracie the super Chihuahua, ( all 5 pounds of her) was rattlesnake bitten twice in three months. Be careful guys, they are definitely moving. I know that in official OTD fashion, pics or it didn’t happen. I didn’t have a firearm, so the Snapper Pro zero turn did the job. Kinda looked like hamburger coming out the grass shoot. Sorry about the photos. LolView attachment 5539289View attachment 5539290
You made minced meat out of that one

Back
Top Bottom