• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Killed My First Rattlesnake Of the Year

You never know where you will encounter a snake. These pictures were made on our front porch. My wife thought at first it was a pile of leaves, further investigation revealed it was a nice shiny Copperhead who had been catching small frogs on our porch. You can see the snake hidden behind the steel handrail post. Just waiting to strike at a frog or hand.

Attachments

• DA0B21E4-2D62-4CD8-817F-610D509F106F.jpeg
    DA0B21E4-2D62-4CD8-817F-610D509F106F.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 110
  • CF3D491F-FDA4-4193-973E-ACB49D4661DD.jpeg
    CF3D491F-FDA4-4193-973E-ACB49D4661DD.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 116
You never know where you will encounter a snake. These pictures were made on our front porch. My wife thought at first it was a pile of leaves, further investigation revealed it was a nice shiny Copperhead who had been catching small frogs on our porch. You can see the snake hidden behind the steel handrail post. Just waiting to strike at a frog or hand.
Snake was like "Guys, I don't want to mess with your hand or any shyyt like that! Please, I am here for the frogs!!! I am here for a week now and was inches from your fat leg and never hit it. C'mon Now Man!" lol 😂 😂 😂 :becky::becky::becky:

Heads up to all my Southwest Georgia brothers, killed a 5ft rattlesnake today, around 4:00. Never seen one this early in the year, or on such a cool day. It was probably 62 degrees and a cool wind. I was actually mowing in a tee shirt, with long sleeve shirt over it. I had been mowing the horse pasture, just in front of my house, just knocking the weeds down, so the grass will come in. This guy was a big one, about 5ft long, but really large in diameter. He had 8 rattles and a button. Some of you may remember my posts from 2021, where Gracie the super Chihuahua, ( all 5 pounds of her) was rattlesnake bitten twice in three months. Be careful guys, they are definitely moving. I know that in official OTD fashion, pics or it didn’t happen. I didn’t have a firearm, so the Snapper Pro zero turn did the job. Kinda looked like hamburger coming out the grass shoot. Sorry about the photos. LolView attachment 5539289View attachment 5539290
Glad you got him

Back
Top Bottom