Kitchen sink Gun repair screw ups and learning experiances

I took my 30-30 apart to clean it good and couldn't get the forearm to seat properly to line up with the screw holes and fought trying to get the lever back in the right position for over an hour before I realized what I was doing wrong and felt like a big dummy. Can build an ar from a pile of parts but couldn't get a 44 year old 30-30 back together.... :doh:

#1 part launched on the AR platform. I launched a few at Colt school back in 15. I am going back to Colt school next week and plan to launch a few more.
Hahaha! I’m telling you!

You KNOW it’s gonna happen, so you try your best to make it NOT happen and it happens anyway!

And once they launch, they magically disappear into thin air!

Hahaha! I’m telling you!

You KNOW it’s gonna happen, so you try your best to make it NOT happen and it happens anyway!

And once they launch, they magically disappear into thin air!
I have searched for hours with a flashlight because I swore I saw the area it landed in. After giving up I find them in completely different areas a couple weeks later.

Magnet's are your friend. I like to keep a magnet strip to put the parts on. You can put them on the strip in the order they came off that way you know in what order to put them back.

I think a neonate incubator would be ideal for putting together a gun. Then the springs couldn't bounce far. I bet the charge nurse of the NICU would probably not find it a good idea though. I've also thought about a plastic bubble like the boy in the bubble would also work. Make sure you have a source of oxygen before trying. Anoxia may make concentration hard. I think LPKs should come with a few extra springs, What would it cost an extra $.03?

Refinished a .22 rim fire bolt gun as a child and over sanded the stock area of the bolt cut out.

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/help-this-c-o-p-puked-it-guts-out.158949/#post-1045649

Attempted to repair a C.O.P. and it puked it guts all over my work table took a while to eventually figure out how the parts go back into a rotating hammer 4 barrel break top with help from the ODT...

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...dne-or-did-i-screw-it-up.293121/#post-1590417

Before Glock eventually came out with a long slide 10mm I made one. With the help of a friend machine the slide for an optic first attempt was good but didn't allow the protective cover to fit.

Second attempt cut into the firing pin safety hole. Had to cut barstock hand shape it with file and sanding then TIG weld it and finally blend it back into the slide.

Removing metal easy, putting it back on not so much.

Back
Top Bottom