• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Knights armament… wtf

Found this some time ago concerning the AR pecking order. Take it for what it's worth.

Attachments

• AR mfg hiarchy.PNG
    AR mfg hiarchy.PNG
    407.1 KB · Views: 120
Its the same tired discussion of the same group of people who would be debating why buy a McLaren when a Toyota Corolla does technically the same job. If all you care about A to B then why does the price tag of a McLaren bother you? Same with KAC. People like having nicer options. If your PSA does the same job then just buy that and be happy.

All the wingeing people do about KAC prices only tells me they wish they had a KAC but aren't capable of swinging the secondary market gouging that comes naturally with literally ANY limited release commodity. The solution is either watch for retail drops to pay msrp if you want to avoid the gouging. If youre not willing to put in even that far of an effort then why is KAC even something to discuss in the world?

I can see the point you were trying to make between a corolla and a mclaren, though not a very good analogy.

I don't think it's a well informed user who says things like "they wish they had a KAC" and one that people who have used that stuff in a professional manner laugh at. The mindset of most KAC users is "because they have this particular rifle, they'll have some type of an advantage" or "this rifle makes me better" than someone who's trained, and is actually capable of what most guys pretend they'll do. Which is pretty funny in itself, and shows someone is tremendously less prepared for combat than they think they are. Also, if you haven't picked up by now, most guys come on here to talk about guns, news, prepping, and everything in between. So to us, it was deemed "worth discussing in the world." It also clearly affected you enough to where you felt the need to comment and justify the purchases that you have made in the past, which tells me your ego is in your gear, and not the training that you definitely don't have. So, people with a functioning brain steam will continue to laugh at guys who spend 6 grand on a weapon system that might be worth 2 grand on it's best day, while people who feel the need to justify their silly purchases, get laughed at.

Agreed, like building a Chevy race motor. No real advances for many decades, and parts will produce predictable results, with in .001 differences. Still comes down to the tuner/driver to be able to get the results needed to get the desired results.

Training is much more valuable than the .001 difference between a solid product and expensive solid product.

I can see the point you were trying to make between a corolla and a mclaren, though not a very good analogy.

I don't think it's a well informed user who says things like "they wish they had a KAC" and one that people who have used that stuff in a professional manner laugh at. The mindset of most KAC users is "because they have this particular rifle, they'll have some type of an advantage" or "this rifle makes me better" than someone who's trained, and is actually capable of what most guys pretend they'll do. Which is pretty funny in itself, and shows someone is tremendously less prepared for combat than they think they are. Also, if you haven't picked up by now, most guys come on here to talk about guns, news, prepping, and everything in between. So to us, it was deemed "worth discussing in the world." It also clearly affected you enough to where you felt the need to comment and justify the purchases that you have made in the past, which tells me your ego is in your gear, and not the training that you definitely don't have. So, people with a functioning brain steam will continue to laugh at guys who spend 6 grand on a weapon system that might be worth 2 grand on it's best day, while people who feel the need to justify their silly purchases, get laughed at.

My analogy is spot on. You just don't like the analogy because it highlights the pointlessness of the discussion itself. A PSA and a KAC both accomplish the same fundamental task. They shoot a projectile. Just like how a corolla and a McLaren can both drive forwards and backwards. Yet one costs 300k and the other costs 20k.

I always see people like you always trying to make an imaginary point that KAC\high end gun users claim XYZ skillset yet I've never ever seen a KAC\LMT owner claim they are inherently more "skilled" just "because" of the gun. It's always a strawman argument people like you bring up. I'd love to see you quote a KAC owner who said their gun alone makes them better. It just seems like small man syndrome to me for you to try an argue an unrelated factor into the discussion (skill) when we are talking strictly about firearms and what makes one more expensive than the other. I gave you a bone and said it was all subjective yet you went on this tangent about skill.

I am curious how people like you somehow think if a person can drop 6k on a single rifle that they magically can't afford significantly better training more consistently yet someone buying a $600 PSA can afford better training? That logic never tracked and I personally have never seen a person running a PSA\Anderson\Whatever in any of the training classes I've ever taken. The most lowest end gun I've ever seen in any serious training course has been in the range of BCM\DD\Noveske. So I'm seriously wondering where you draw these anecdotal facts from.

And it doesn't bother me. It clearly bothers you. You direct messaged me essentially crying about KAC prices and then made a lengthy post about the matter and nobody who currently owns a KAC except myself chimed in. I see a lot of "I used to own" people here but a quick look at their sale history has never turned up a KAC in their classifieds so I'm curious if these supposed "KAC owners" actually owned one or are simply saying they owned one just to feel like they have any authority on the subject.

I threw you a bone and mentioned that the difference is very subjective and that people like different options and that if you like things like PSA; more power to you and enjoy it. The existence of a higher end product shouldn't bother you. Yet you still took it upon yourself to try and flame me for even *mildly* suggesting that a KAC *could indeed* be a worthwhile product and is the subject of desires even by people who won't admit it. The gaslighting from you is really sad. I can sell whatever I want at whatever prices I want. If you want to sell your PSA or bear creek for 3k I wouldn't come on here and bash you. Because I don't feel the need to compensate for anything. Yet here you are bashing others for doing what they want with *their* property. Whats wrong buddy?

I have bought and sold KAC's on here and other platforms many times and have never lost money on it. So by what metric do you measure what *my* choices are as a "silly purchase" ? Like what even is this discussion anymore besides devolving into ad hominem. I'm not going to continue the back and fourth. Feel whatever you want and do whatever you want buddy. :teapot:

I’d bet if you took a the non named parts and mixed them up with other brands parts, 99% of people on here could not pick them out of the pile. (I’m talking decent parts to begin with.)

Right; 99% of people wouldn't be able to. I and a couple others would but that's only because I've taken apart enough KACS that the parts are burned into my mind the same way they burned my wallet. Either way; the market has determined KACS at the pricepoint they have. Whether it's due to actual performance or just hype doesn't make a difference. Stick to whatever works for each individual. But to suggest that people who can buy these high end rifles are somehow "less intelligent" than anyone else is a hilarious reach to me. Last I checked you have to be pretty smart\creative\cunning in this economy to have disposable enough income to spend big money on a brand name.

Back
Top Bottom