• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Lake Lanier/Gainesville Shooting Areas?

Centurion

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
4   0
Reaction score
I have recently moved to Lake Lanier, just outside of Gainesville. I love my new lake home but to make it perfect would love find a place to shoot nearby. I am not really interested in commercial ranges, I am looking for something more informal, as in US Forest Service, or even a friendly land owner. I am aware of the GA WMA Range in Alto, but I am also interested in other options.

Does anyone know where the Hall County Sheriff's Office practices?

And there is Cherokee gun club too. Big nice place, but a long wait to get in. May need to have a sponsor as well.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

NO. The only shooting allowed at WMA’s is when hunting or using a public WMA Range.

Wilson Shoals is an option.
So is RBGC. Riverbend Gun Club . It’s a private club BUT all their matches are open to any safe shooters. Riverbend is only 30 Miles from Cumming, to the northwest.

Thanks so much!

Both Red Hill and GA Mountain are an hour plus from me. I can drive back to Atlanta and shoot at the Dekalb County Police Range before I would do that regularly. I am looking for some place where I can shoot regularly.

I spoke to Cherokee Gun Club, which is pretty close, today and they told me that they have a 3 year waiting list! I don't want to die on the list with rust in the barrels of my guns! LoL!

Wilson Shoals IS an option, frankly the only viable one, for my desires, so far.

Perhaps the answer is to buy a small piece of property in an area legal to shoot. Perhaps a Co-op...

Back
Top Bottom