• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Land clearing??

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
Wondering what kind of cost would be involved in clearing around 4 acres of hardwoods and getting rid of all stumps and roots to prepare for a house.....

Anyone done this lately?

My daughter had about two acres cleared 2 years ago and she spent around 6 thousand. They had a place that they were able to pile the tree tops and stumps. The logs were given and hauled away. If you have to haul everything i have no idea what that would cost

It varies alot depending on the initial state of the land. We just cleared 12 acres. It was previously clear cut by GA Pacific about 10 - 12 years ago, so all I had to clear was brush and small pine saplings and prepare the house pad (last pic). I left any pine over 6 inches in diameter. There were no stumps to pull, and I didn't have anything hauled off, which is the most expensive part. We have plenty of land, so I just had him make 2 debris piles in two far corners which will serve as a berm for shooting. It has taken almost 6 weeks, but I think the weather stretched it out at least a week or so. I consider what I paid very reasonable and the job was done right, including bringing in rock for a 500 yard long driveway. Every job is going to be priced differently, so all I can say is get multiple quotes, and use the survey plat to mark up EXACTLY what you want done and agree on the scope:

1692617887158.png

1692617923833.png

1692618020027.png

My daughter had about two acres cleared 2 years ago and she spent around 6 thousand. They had a place that they were able to pile the tree tops and stumps. The logs were given and hauled away. If you have to haul everything i have no idea what that would cost
Hauling debris away is the most expensive part.

Back
Top Bottom