• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

landscaping I have big rocks protruding from the ground. Updated! Hillbilly007 did a fantastic job!

rockyfatcat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
31   0
Reaction score
I bought a large house on 4 acres. The neighbor said that the stone was part of the Stone Mountain rock formation that is under most of Georgia.
edit:
I need to clear and grade the area around the buildings for better water flow away from the structures. There are massive rock formations in the ground that will have to be broken up and removed in order for this to happen.

I do know where the property lines are and I want to re-grade the landscape to use gravity to flow the water away from structures.

Same way it's been done for thousands of years. Drill two rows of holes one top and one side, then put some pressure on it through the holes with pry bars and pop.

What chemical breaks down granite?
There is a compound that expands as it dries. Drill several holes in a line (directions on the bag, sold like bagged concrete) and pour it in the holes. Come back in 24 hours, broken.

As mentioned, humans have been breaking huge rocks for 10s of thousands of years.

Same way it's been done for thousands of years. Drill two rows of holes one top and one side, then put some pressure on it through the holes with pry bars and pop.
You don't need two rows..... one row of drilled holes in a line and insert wedges and shims and hit them successively in a line. They will eventually yield a split you can tell with the sound. The hard part is drilling all those holes. Works best with a power hammer drill....

There is a compound that expands as it dries. Drill several holes in a line (directions on the bag, sold like bagged concrete) and pour it in the holes. Come back in 24 hours, broken.

As mentioned, humans have been breaking huge rocks for 10s of thousands of years.
That stuff works great sometimes depending on the rock density. If it truly is some of the stone mtn vein that’s some really hard rock... sometimes it’s hard to even break it with explosives and 3.5” holes. Austell has SUPER hard rock too.

I’m actually shooting some of the stone mtn vein currently down in loganville.

Back
Top Bottom