• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Larry Vickers firearms collection confiscated by the atf

I don’t care for the ATF, and I don’t care for LAV.

If the ATF is playing fast and loose, as usual, then screw ‘em.

If LAV wasn’t following the rules that he damn sure knew, then doom on him.

So you support unconstitutional gun regulations? The “rules”?
No, I do not. There are bunch of laws, rules, and regulations that I don’t support, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t know that I could be in trouble if I violate them. Big difference.

No, I do not. There are bunch of laws, rules, and regulations that I don’t support, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t know that I could be in trouble if I violate them. Big difference.

I do not understand why/how people do not understand this.

I do not like many of the laws BUT they are the law and I have no intention of going to jail over them at the moment. Things are subject to change at any time in this climate.

So you support unconstitutional gun regulations? The “rules”?

Do you believe that taxation is theft? If so, do you pay your taxes?

I believe that taxation is theft, but I have an aversion to the Federal pen, so I pay my taxes.

I sincerely hope that the ATF is in the wrong, LAV sues them, and sees justice. However, if he knowingly violated regulations that I do not agree with, but that he was familiar with, I don’t see why I am expected to have sympathy for him.

I believe that taxation is theft, but I have an aversion to the Federal pen, so I pay my taxes.

I sincerely hope that the ATF is in the wrong, LAV sues them, and sees justice. However, if he knowingly violated regulations that I do not agree with, but that he was familiar with, I don’t see why I am expected to have sympathy for him.
Just seemed like you were letting your personal dislike of LV overshadow the real evil here.
I’ll never celebrate tyranny...no matter how much I dislike the victim.

And yes I pay taxes and follow gun laws...but I’m not real proud of my submission to tyranny.

Post Samples are the one's you were referring to. I do like the fact that if someone who is letting their license expire can sell Post Samples without law letters.

I misspoke. I mixed up the nomenclature when you spoke of pre-samples. I was thinking dealer samples. Anything he has that is select-fire and valued at $1k, as shown on the list, are dealer samples. When he no longer has the SOT, he can’t keep them anymore.

Just seemed like you were letting your personal dislike of LV overshadow the real evil here.
I’ll never celebrate tyranny...no matter how much I dislike the victim.

That is not my opinion on the matter at all. I never “celebrated” this incident. I stated that, if it’s found that LAV knowingly violated regulations and/or law I would have no sympathy for him is a far cry from celebrating. The man has made his living for decades up to his neck in the firearms industry. I would say that he is more than likely well-versed in the intricacies of Federal firearms statutes.

I learned over 25 years ago to separate my personal feelings from the facts of the matter in a case.

I believe silencers should be sold over the counter and mail order, like a magazine.

Anyone should be able to own select-fire weapons, and barrel lengths shouldn’t mean squat.

I support the right for felons to own firearms, if it also means there are absolutely no firearms regulations or restrictions of any kind for anyone. “Shall not be infringed” should mean exactly that.

Until that happens, I’ll purchase my controlled items like I should, and pay the taxes on them, as much as I don’t like it.

I spent about 18 hours with LAV over a weekend. That was about 17 hours more than I needed. VHinch VHinch was there, as well. I don’t like him, but that doesn’t mean that I’m happy that he has cancer, or that his firearms were confiscated.

It does mean that if he violated a regulation or law of which he was aware of, I have zero sympathy for him in this specific case.

If it is an honest mistake on his part, I hope he comes out of this okay.

If the ATF was wrong once again, I hope he gets all his stuff back, goes after them legally, and wins.

If “abolish the ATF” is ever on the ballot, it’ll get my vote.

I‘ve stood between police officers that wanted to seize a firearm from persons on multiple occasions.

Back
Top Bottom