• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Law Enforcement/Military Use Only

Alpha Foxtrot ATL

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
4   0
Reaction score
I know you guys will know the answer...

What is the purpose of some firearms, optics and other stuff having Law Enforcement/Military Use Only engraved on them? Almost all the stuff I've seen with that nomenclature has been exclusively in the hands of civilians.

Are there any legal issues with possessing or buying items with LE/MIL ONLY on them? I've read somewhere that is has to due with the 94-04' assault weapons ban. But if that's the case then why is it still put on items newer than 04'?

After the expiration of the Ban in 04 the marking does not mean anything for the free states. The others that still have the state laws on the books may have exceptions for LE purchases. There are not many manufacturers that mark them anymore with the exception of a few Colt being one of those, but slowly fazed out in favor of the "sporter" models.

I have a G17 mag that is marked LE/Govt use only or something along those lines. I wondered how it differed from the others, but guess it was b/c of the ban back in the day. Are these mags worth any more or just another mag?

now if you find a machine gun made after 1986, it should be marked LE/Govt only, then you should just hide it in your attic

Back
Top Bottom