• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Laymen's Terms on why Feinstein's Bill won't even come up for a vote

rOmiLaYu

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
245   0
Reaction score
  • People in power wish to remain in power.
  • Harry Reid is currently the Majority Leader in the Senate.
  • Harry Reid does not wish to become the Minority Leader in the Senate.
  • Harry Reid is only four seats away from becoming the Minority Leader in the Senate.
  • There are more than four (D) seats coming up for election in midterms.
  • Those more than four (D) seats are in areas that POTUS did not carry in 2012 election.
  • If AWB passes, there is a strong possibility those more than four (D) seats go (R) at midterm elections.
  • Harry Reid becomes Minority Leader in the Senate.
  • Harry Reid does not wish to become Minority Leader in the Senate.

I truly believe it is just simply political posturing, that no Liberal actually believes this will pass. They can now say, "see, we tried."

The problem is, as screwed up as Washington is, and those that occupy space up there, this damn thing might come into reality.

• Harry Reid is only four seats away from becoming the Minority Leader in the Senate.
  • Those more than four (D) seats are in areas that POTUS did not carry in 2012 election.
  • If AWB passes, there is a strong possibility those more than four (D) seats go (R) at midterm elections.

Excellent post and spot on assessment !

While this is a hopeful assessment, remember that congressmen and women essentially willfully gave up their seats to pass Obamacare. Additionally there were the cornhusker kick back style payouts for those who voted in favor of healthcare in contentious districts. This is not the time to be complacent, every day we should be calling and emailing. It should feel like all of America is trying to get through their phone lines.

While this is a hopeful assessment, remember that congressmen and women essentially willfully gave up their seats to pass Obamacare. Additionally there were the cornhusker kick back style payouts for those who voted in favor of healthcare in contentious districts. This is not the time to be complacent, every day we should be calling and emailing. It should feel like all of America is trying to get through their phone lines.
I don't think it's a hopefully assessment at all....I think it's an honest prognostication. As beaker said, this whole thing is posturing. Feinstein is like the old coot that you rile up and get going only to fall in behind her seemingly agreeing but using her all along the way. The Gun-Grabbers can "win" without passing anything and they know it....a simple "Look, we tired but those zany gun owners shouted us down" further polarizes the people and ultimately that benefits them and they come out looking like martyrs.

I'm not arguing complacency. I spent an hour on the phone today and two or three last night on the laptop writing my representatives. Believe me, I'm in the fight....but I really do think it is as simple as the OP states it is.....heck, Reid's evolving position on the filibuster lately points to his unwillingness to even bring this up for a vote.

The problem becomes if before 2014, "they" pull oh, we tried card. Then in 2014 the House becomes liberal, so Democrats control both houses and the White House. Then we're screwed. I kinda fear 2014 to 2016.

The problem becomes if before 2014, "they" pull oh, we tried card. Then in 2014 the House becomes liberal, so Democrats control both houses and the White House. Then we're screwed. I kinda fear 2014 to 2016.

If the average voter's attention span was that long, I'd be worried too.

I sure hope so!

Then in 2016, Republicans sweep House, Senate, and the White House...they may be dumb, but they ain't stupid...

That's what they said about Obama care, and there was NO way he was going to win a 2nd term and he did....Then the fiscal cliff negotiations, Benghazi, fast and furious....and on and on...etc. This administration doesn't care about a legal voting process or their possible damaged reelection chances. Tyranny doesn't go by the book, so I'm not convinced that this wont get passed just yet

Back
Top Bottom