• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Laymen's Terms on why Feinstein's Bill won't even come up for a vote

• People in power wish to remain in power.
  • Harry Reid is currently the Majority Leader in the Senate.
  • Harry Reid does not wish to become the Minority Leader in the Senate.
  • Harry Reid is only four seats away from becoming the Minority Leader in the Senate.
  • There are more than four (D) seats coming up for election in midterms.
  • Those more than four (D) seats are in areas that POTUS did not carry in 2012 election.
  • If AWB passes, there is a strong possibility those more than four (D) seats go (R) at midterm elections.
  • Harry Reid becomes Minority Leader in the Senate.
  • Harry Reid does not wish to become Minority Leader in the Senate.

Very good post. It is not THIS proposed bill that concerns me anyway. I am concerned about the NEXT proposed bill concerning gun bans/restrictions.

I don't think it's a hopefully assessment at all....I think it's an honest prognostication. As beaker said, this whole thing is posturing. Feinstein is like the old coot that you rile up and get going only to fall in behind her seemingly agreeing but using her all along the way. The Gun-Grabbers can "win" without passing anything and they know it....a simple "Look, we tired but those zany gun owners shouted us down" further polarizes the people and ultimately that benefits them and they come out looking like martyrs.

I'm not arguing complacency. I spent an hour on the phone today and two or three last night on the laptop writing my representatives. Believe me, I'm in the fight....but I really do think it is as simple as the OP states it is.....heck, Reid's evolving position on the filibuster lately points to his unwillingness to even bring this up for a vote.

Poor wording on my behalf, it gives me hope to see that assessment, and while I think it is generally true, there are wafflers who could probably go either way on a vote for say a magazine restriction and win their district with the right marketing in their campaign.

Laymans terms on why you are totally wrong.

This is her hatpiece/crowing glory and she has the full support of the administration.

There will be staged shootings continually until THE PEOPLE force something like this by crying in the streets and the president will be on TV 24/7 drumming about how those that vote or speak out against it are killing our children and aren't willing to do what is required to protect us.

• Harry Reid does not wish to become the Minority Leader in the Senate.
  • Harry Reid is only four seats away from becoming the Minority Leader in the Senate.
  • There are more than four (D) seats coming up for election in midterms.
  • Those more than four (D) seats are in areas that POTUS did not carry in 2012 election.
  • If AWB passes, there is a strong possibility those more than four (D) seats go (R) at midterm elections.
  • Harry Reid becomes Minority Leader in the Senate.
  • Harry Reid does not wish to become Minority Leader in the Senate.

Where is the financial support for gun control? Gun rights support comes from incredibly powerful and profitable industrial interests. The morality of congress usually follows the money. So... Where is the "profit" in gun control.

Interestingly enough the younger generation is actually becoming more gun friendly. Some recent surveying showed that 60% of males and females in the United States, from age 18-21, planned or already had their own personal firearm. on top of that guns have been one of the hottest and fastest growing items since 2004. If we can win this battle it could mean a major growth in gun owners across America who wont want their property and excercised rights threatened.

Reid's constituency is strongly pro gun. He just won re-election but has been notably absent in the posturing. He knows he's a goner if he riles up our 2A friends in Nevada. I don't believe he'll make it easy for the Senate gun grabbers to maneuver...Schumer and DiFi can go pound sand....See the first point above....

I hope you're kidding. Every large financier/banker in this country and nearly every media outlet (also owned by huge corporations) are staunchly anti-gun. Who do you think is purposely creating the media frenzy surrounding every shooting happening in this country but make sure that the major media makes sure that almost any story of a gun used to protect someone never makes it past local syndication?

Where is the financial support for gun control? Gun rights support comes from incredibly powerful and profitable industrial interests. The morality of congress usually follows the money. So... Where is the "profit" in gun control.

I think this fight is different. Gun show attendance is way up. Applications for carry licenses are way up. The Eastern Sporting and Outdoor show in Harrisburg was boycotted by enough vendors that the promoter cancelled the show. Cobb county firearm training class that usually draws 100 people has attendance of 700 (http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/marietta-gun-safety-seminar-draws-hundreds-beyond-/nT6SS/).

I think we need to pressure our Senators and remind them of these things in our communications with them. These folks vote and while there isn't a whole lot of press about it, this new gun popularity is real.

That's what they said about Obama care, and there was NO way he was going to win a 2nd term and he did....Then the fiscal cliff negotiations, Benghazi, fast and furious....and on and on...etc. This administration doesn't care about a legal voting process or their possible damaged reelection chances. Tyranny doesn't go by the book, so I'm not convinced that this wont get passed just yet

Absolutely agree. Add a whole bunch of talk about midterm elections to that list. What makes you guys so confident? The fact this guy is still occupying the oval office is enough for me to believe in the very real possibility that we are not the majority. Feinstein is not impotent. She got it the last time and she's capable of doing it again.

Back
Top Bottom