• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LCR Vs Smiith and Wesson Airweight

hikingthehills

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Lego that laid the Golden Hen
74   0
Reaction score
I am really wanting a .357 and I think either may be a good option. I just don't like the lock's that they are putting on the smith's. Which one would you spend you money on and why? Thanks for the input! I will be getting this an EDC if that helps.

The Smith.

people complain about the new locks, but as far as i know ive seen nor heard any horror stories of it locking on its own. Im not a big fan of polymer weapons so to me Smith all the way. My mother in law carriers an LCR. Lighter im sure.....just not my thing.

Thanks for the input yall, I was wanting 357 only for carry only. 38 would not defense choice but I have a feeling 357 would do the trick. After seeing where that lady shot the dude point blank range with the 38 and he drove himself to the hospital made me rethink carrying the 38+p. I have kept a Glock 21 with me about every where I have went for years and was thinking 45 XDS at first but after holding one yesterday I just don't like the way it feels. I have a ton 38 ammo as well to practice with so I wanted some thing that would shoot a caliber that I already had. I was kind of wanting a hammer and I sure wished Ruger had a hammered version but for concealed carry I can see where the hammerless version may be better. Once again thanks yall!

Just my. 02, 357 SD ammo.is a world of difference than 38 target. Atleast.run a box or two.of your choice to get use to shooting 357 in a light gun.

Thanks for the input yall, I was wanting 357 only for carry only. 38 would not defense choice but I have a feeling 357 would do the trick. After seeing where that lady shot the dude point blank range with the 38 and he drove himself to the hospital made me rethink carrying the 38+p. I have kept a Glock 21 with me about every where I have went for years and was thinking 45 XDS at first but after holding one yesterday I just don't like the way it feels. I have a ton 38 ammo as well to practice with so I wanted some thing that would shoot a caliber that I already had. I was kind of wanting a hammer and I sure wished Ruger had a hammered version but for concealed carry I can see where the hammerless version may be better. Once again thanks yall!
Just my.other. 02, for a ccw, hammerless isn't a bad thing. No dirt/grime can get into that area of the lcr, and if for SD, you're going to shoot double action anyways. The lcr stacks up very nicely against my more expensive pro series in terms of trigger pull. Some fat hogue grips and shell be perfect. Far as getting shot point blank, no shots were fatal shots, therefore he could have been hit with a 357 and not much more difference.

Back
Top Bottom