• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legal Questions? - Get An Answer Here

The interrogatories are an official form, Gwinnett is just more forthcoming about making them available to the public,

https://georgiamagistratecouncil.co...-14-05-post-judgment-interrog-and-noticeR.pdf

Gwinnett usually gives good service, other courts consider post-judgment interrogatories a PITA and getting them answered is worse than having a tooth pulled. Our local magistrate basically refuses to make the "victims" of an oppressive system provide truthful answers.

So... I can add questions?

I realize that Fulton for instance is all on the side of the deadbeats, but I won't go into that here. (OK, actually I will-- never, ever own rental property in Fulton County.)

But I need to ask some additional questions, and intend to put them on a modified pleading-paper form. I do not wish to get into trouble with the court for doing so. The sum of money involved is insufficient to engage an attorney. While they would be be responsible for my costs, I don't want to push them into bankruptcy, as then they will get away without paying anything.

So... I can add questions?

Yes, you don't even have to use the court official questions at all. You can make up your own set, and a lot of attorneys do. The attorneys tend to seek a lot more detail. The official interrogatories are furnished to facilitate the process for plaintiffs who mostly don't even know what an interrogatory is and are a bare bones set.

Yes, you don't even have to use the court official questions at all. You can make up your own set, and a lot of attorneys do. The attorneys tend to seek a lot more detail. The official interrogatories are furnished to facilitate the process for plaintiffs who mostly don't even know what an interrogatory is and are a bare bones set.

Thank you very much. That's what I figured, but just don't want to mess things up.

I appreciate it.

What is the best legal course of action if you are pulled over and you know you are over the legal limit for a DUI?

It is generally best to not answer any questions and refuse all testing. That means field sobriety and breathalyzer tests. You will be arrested. Bond out and immediately get an attorney.

Thank you very much. That's what I figured, but just don't want to mess things up.

I appreciate it.

Keep your questions within reason. Just the things you must know in order to obtain recovery. That way, the judge will know you are reasonable in a discovery hearing after the defendant refuses to answer.

Keep your questions within reason. Just the things you must know in order to obtain recovery. That way, the judge will know you are reasonable in a discovery hearing after the defendant refuses to answer.

Excellent advice. Thank you. I just need SSNs for bank levys. I'll keep it reasonable.

I've got a question about a speeding citation I received today.

I was traveling through Asheville on 75 and was cited for going 87 in a 70. I was 100% not doing that speed. I was traveling exactly 70mph give or take 2 mph, driving especially careful as I had my nieces with me coming up from Florida.

I figured my speed using both my Speedo and my gps. I requested that we go confirm it's calibration as there was no way I was going that fast. He informed me that his captain was the one who clocked me and that he was using laser, which did not make mistakes.

It was strange all around. I was driving at the back of a pack of cars, when they all slammed on their brakes. I made sure I was obeying the speed, as the cars were plainly visible from a good distance, and confirmed using my instruments that I was ok. I was a good 400 yards away when the police car began pulling out. There was a car between me and the police cars, so I'm wondering if they may have nailed someone else and I got the blame? Or at that range, they may also have caught opposing traffic.

Regardless of how, do i stand a chance fighting this? He told me my speed qualified me for super speeder status. I know I wasn't in the wrong here, but does my word matter against 2 police officers stating that they used laser?

Apparently this is a pattern

http://m.topix.com/forum/city/ashburn-ga/TPCN8E8UL4TU04L9C

http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum...21-850-speeding-ticket-ashburn-georgia-3.html

Back
Top Bottom