Legal stance on defending with deadly force...

Shooting someone over property is honestly a bad decision. Yes, it would royally piss me off hearing the Guy ransacking my living room and stealing things I worked hard to buy. My kids would be freaked out by the event, and it would definitley traumatize them hearing a criminal kill our dog. As much as I love animals, they're not people. Yes, they may be family to me, but not worth killing someone over. Neither is my TV. Take it, and gtfo! Ill stay with my wife and children armed and on the defensive with Leo en route. If they become an immediate threat to my family, things will change and I will use full lethal force to protect my children. But my children are very very young. one is 7 going on 8, one is 15 months. The last thing in the world I want them to hear is the sound of several hornadys serving their intended purpose. The last sight I want my children to see is bloody walls and carpet, with a deceased man with a massive hole in his head. The last thing I want my children see happen to me is for me to nearly get killed while dealing with the intruder. The last thing I want my family to go through is a long investigation, several court hearings, the stress and anxiety of proving innocense. Sorry, but a flat screen ain't worth that, neither is a dog. At the end of the day, I have to think about what's best for my children and my wife, I can buy a new puppy, insurance will replace the TV, but nothing will erase the trauma caused from the event. Only when absolutely necessary will I shoot.

Shooting someone over property is honestly a bad decision. Yes, it would royally piss me off hearing the Guy ransacking my living room and stealing things I worked hard to buy. My kids would be freaked out by the event, and it would definitley traumatize them hearing a criminal kill our dog. As much as I love animals, they're not people. Yes, they may be family to me, but not worth killing someone over. Neither is my TV. Take it, and gtfo! Ill stay with my wife and children armed and on the defensive with Leo en route. If they become an immediate threat to my family, things will change and I will use full lethal force to protect my children. But my children are very very young. one is 7 going on 8, one is 15 months. The last thing in the world I want them to hear is the sound of several hornadys serving their intended purpose. The last sight I want my children to see is bloody walls and carpet, with a deceased man with a massive hole in his head. The last thing I want my children see happen to me is for me to nearly get killed while dealing with the intruder. The last thing I want my family to go through is a long investigation, several court hearings, the stress and anxiety of proving innocense. Sorry, but a flat screen ain't worth that, neither is a dog. At the end of the day, I have to think about what's best for my children and my wife, I can buy a new puppy, insurance will replace the TV, but nothing will erase the trauma caused from the event. Only when absolutely necessary will I shoot.

Meh... If they are in my house, they've made the decision to bypass a security system and a 155 lb dog. I can only assume they have deadly intentions. F em

Shoot to kill your story will then be the only one that matters so lie if you must but stand by it and tell it as few times as possible

Worst. Advice. Ever. :tsk:

images

Shooting someone that threatens the life of your family pet, no no. But shooting someone's family pet that threatens you harm, absolutely legal.

I read up on this as much as I could. I had two dogs on my porch that would not let me near my house to get in. Had my kids and wife with me and made them stay in the car. I tried to get them to leave but they just kept growling and barking aggressively at me. Finally got them to leave by throwing rocks at them, they charged me a little and I just threw more rocks. Anyways that when I started looking up the laws a bout killing stray dogs and found that it would have been perfectly legal to do so in that case.

Later one of the same dogs comes runnin up to me and my father snarlin and barking. My dad just about fell on his ass and I drew. A good kick and this dog left. I seen animal control one day cruising through and asked them if they could get this dog. They said there's really nothing they can do (WTF, what the hell is their job then?). One of these days there's gonna be a couple of dead dogs. I just wonder if I'll get fined for a discharge within city limits?

blakejohn, my dad called animal control one time about strays, they said they wouldn't come our to get them. They told him he had to bring them in an approved kennel, a box was considered inhumane and he'd be fined... 17 hmr dealt with em..

That's what I was told, Trap them and bring them in.

I asked what they will do and he said they would put them down. I said I can do the same. His response was that that's fine but 15 of your neighbors are gonna call the police.

Back
Top Bottom