• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legal to shoot a coyote?

I've taken racoons with a 22CB. Just use @ a 22" barrel. Put one in the ear or eye, should drop them almost instantly. No noise and nobody will know. Don't know how close your neighbors are.

Yep ! Legal to shoot yotes year round in ga . 22lr is plenty to kill a yote. Shoot it in the head. The only thing would be if you live in the city and there is an ordnance that says no discharging a firearm in the city limits.

I just recently traded my 22mag I had just for that but never needed it until now
I'd be reluctant to shoot with homes around as the neighbors may call the sheriff or police. Have you talked to the neighbors about this problem? Perhaps a group effort would help reduce their population and everybody can work together on it.

Didn't GeauxLSU GeauxLSU discuss his caliber choices for coyotes a while back? Seems as though his experience was 22mag wasn't always enough.

What I’m going to say is messed up…. Find a spot that you can reliably hit with a 22 ( also within 22 killing distance), then bait the spot, till it becomes a usual spot for them for free grub. Then start gut shooting them. I mean if you can hit them in the head , go for it, but you have a better chance at hitting them in the gut. Good luck, and remember to post pictures.

Back
Top Bottom