• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legal to shoot a coyote?

It's not. I think it was banned in 2015 or 2016.
There are two men who went to prison in FL for using it. Killed some fox hunting dogs, several wild animals that were not the target. My bro's dept. used it once to rid an area of pigeons and that was a gigantic disaster. Killed all sorts of other creatures that ate the pigeons. You place it and then cannot control what animals get into it OR the animals that'll eat the carrion that results. It is extremely dangerous.

There are two men who went to prison in FL for using it. Killed some fox hunting dogs, several wild animals that were not the target. My bro's dept. used it once to rid an area of pigeons and that was a gigantic disaster. Killed all sorts of other creatures that ate the pigeons. You place it and then cannot control what animals get into it OR the animals that'll eat the carrion that results. It is extremely dangerous.
Yep. We used it farming peanuts.

Would the type of 22 bullet used make a difference ? A 27 grain CCI short copper plated hollow point out of a 24 inch barrel is a nasty round. This is my backyard go to for anything bigger than a squirrel.

Sorry about your cat. We had several feral cats years ago we fed on the deck and were thinking of taking to the vet for their shots, but before we could do that a pack of coyotes swarmed into the subdivision one night (rural Paulding County) and killed all of them. Our favorite feral kitten crawled next to my car's driver door and died from wounds to her throat. Sad sight to see when going out to my car for work the next morning. You may want to consult with Pyramyd Air on the best air rifle and pellets for coyotes if discharging a firearm in your neighborhood is against the law.

Back
Top Bottom