• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legal to shoot a coyote?

Didn't GeauxLSU GeauxLSU discuss his caliber choices for coyotes a while back? Seems as though his experience was 22mag wasn't always enough.
I've shot several with a .22lr The only one to drop was hit in the spine and took a finisher. Not a reliable shot obviously. Most went unrecovered, which I hate. The ones I shot with a .22wmr generally didn't go far but some did. I either went for head or heart/lung. Shot one three times with a .22-250. shot one at almost point blank range with a .25-06 and it still ran 50+ yards. They are tough critters.
Hamburger meat with some timik mixed in will do the job
Yeah that would work, or some small treble hooks in hamburger meat.
Please don't do either one of these. Besides being illegal they are obviously inhumane and you subject non target, including domestic animals. No love loss for coyotes but zero reason to torture them.

I've shot several with a .22lr The only one to drop was hit in the spine and took a finisher. Not a reliable shot obviously. Most went unrecovered, which I hate. The ones I shot with a .22wmr generally didn't go far but some did. I either went for head or heart/lung. Shot one three times with a .22-250. shot one at almost point blank range with a .25-06 and it still ran 50+ yards. They are tough critters.

Please don't do either one of these. Besides being illegal they are obviously inhumane and you subject non target, including domestic animals. No love loss for coyotes but zero reason to torture them.
Like I said it’s horrible, but sometimes you have to do, what you have to do. The problem would be unintended pets getting into it.

Last week my cat vanished. I've looked, called and rode around looking for him. A few nights ago coyotes were outside my fence out back
I live out in the rural area but there are houses close by. Can I shoot them if they come too close and if so is a 22LR enough to take a coyote ?

TONS OF AIR RIFLES THAT WILL DO THE JOB!

Last week my cat vanished. I've looked, called and rode around looking for him. A few nights ago coyotes were outside my fence out back
I live out in the rural area but there are houses close by. Can I shoot them if they come too close and if so is a 22LR enough to take a coyote ?
I sent you a PM if you want to borrow a .22 mag rifle.

76EEC73E-7E47-41E6-B715-0D0CA76D9629.jpeg
3E0D69D7-4173-41BF-99B2-298986CA5168.jpeg

You guys are doing it all wrong. First you have to gain their trust, drink with them, play cards, have cigars… Then terminate them with extreme prejudice.
5544EDBB-502F-422D-8893-251F12C6BEAA.png
0DF4BAEC-09C7-4F23-9D6E-C00DF1310A81.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom