• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Leo encounter..... Can you believe it!!!!!

Soviet and I were shooting last week at a buddy's house and the sheriffs came due to calls that someone was shooting machineguns. Well, they joined us ^_^

427796_574640982558039_1897664534_n.jpg

When I was a young patrolman.too many years ago, 1969/70, I was out in the country travelling slowly down a country road , windows down, enjoying the fresh air..heard automatic weapons fire. Drove toward it had to turn down a dirt road and onto an access road to a powerline right of way..
Two guys in a pickup in the middle of nowhere and me. I just bumped the siren so they would know I was there and cautiously stepped outside the car but stayed behind the door..When they turned my way, they bothe held their weapons high and removed the mags and laid them on the bed of the truck and walked about five feet toward me.
I approached them and they both said they had the tax stamps and paperwork..I hadn't asked, all i had said was good afternoon guys.
They each without being asked removed their wallets and extended their id's. I took them looked at them and said having a little fun today?
They said we have the [a[erwork in a briefcase in the bed of the truck with the guns if its okay for us to get it..sure I said.
They showed me the paperwork
I said thanks and asked mind if I take a look at the weapons, they said sure..Those guys had some BEAUTIFUL 1927 Thompsons, a BAR and a couple of M2 carbines.
I told them I was envious and they asked me if I'd like to shoot them..Well of course I would...stole about 20 minutes off the clock and had a blast.
Had to get back too work, told them THANKS for making my day and to stay and shoot as long as they wanted..
Back on the clock advised radio, that if they had any reports of automatic weapons fire in the general area of where the guys were, that it was 10-4 , I had already come upon them and checked hem out and everything was in order so they wouldn't be interrupted again.

ALL of us, in fact MOST of us, don't spend our days blue lighting our way to the donut shop or just thinking of ways to mess with people contrary to the general opinions expressed in various threads on this site.
Good Evening all.

I own the ONLY bike shop in Dalton and as such, do a lot of work with the local LEO bike patrol....Dalton is a big little town and I went to school with a number of the guys on the DPD and Whitfield Sheriffs dept....I have to tell you, we have some GREAT LEO's in the Dalton area and I am grateful....

Pretty funny to see those guys hang out in the shop and ask talk bikes AND GUNS! Good people....
Be Safe !!
shane

This thread is a great idea. If we posted every positive encounter with LEO we have it will completely overwhelm the rare negatives. Maybe that will give some folks here some badly needed perspective.

Back
Top Bottom