• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Leo encounter..... Can you believe it!!!!!

Deaken

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
Alright so now that I've gotten your attention about the LEO of Dalton Ga I shall elaborate..... Yesterday my uncle and I went into a local gun store to see if they had anything new in that was of interest. We went out empty handed to find someone had backed into his car and the people had stayed around to exchange info and had called to cops to do a report. The officer pulled up explained what to do and he and I proceeded to talk about his gun (Glock 22), tool belt, and the new Ford Tauras he was driving. As we were talking he kept harping on how much they had over the Crown Vic's and insisted that I sit in it and "check it out" after about 10-15 minutes of conversation he told us to have a nice day and went along his way.

To all the LEO in this area kudos to this officer for being so polite and kind and to your selves if you fall in this catagory. Sorry if this thread is a bore to you just figured I'd put it out there, and I would have used his name but unfortunately I suffer from CRS and don't recall it.

Was on the way home from work late on a Saturday night, and had just gotten off of I20 at Sigman Rd in Conyers. I turned onto the access road, then onto Mcdaniels Mill Rd heading home, and I happen to look up in my rear view mirror, and I see a cop coming at a high rate of speed with lights going, from behind me. Well, guess what, he was pulling ME over! So I pulled to the side of the road, and the officer approached my window, and asked for my license. I handed it to him along with my GWL, and he asked if I was armed, which I said yes, but it was in the glove box. He said just leave it in the glove box, not a problem. He said he pulled me over because my tail lights were out. I looked down at my dash, and realized i had not turned my lights on, because the car has auto on headlights, but the running lights don't come on unless I turn them on. I turned them on, and asked him if I had lights, and he said yes, and he said to hold tight he would be right back. He walked back to his car, and within 2 minutes he was back handed me my license and told me to be safe, and have a good night. I thanked him for not ticketing me, and went upon my way. The whole encounter was pleasant, and very professional, and he didn't at once seem to mind that I was armed, or at least didn't give the impression. He could have very well have ticketed me, but for whatever reason, he didn't.

Back
Top Bottom