• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Leo encounter..... Can you believe it!!!!!

Douglasville Pulled me over on I-20 at Lee rd, I handed him my info along with my cc permit, He asked where it was and I told him I had a G19 in the door of my F-150, He asked me to exit my truck and I did. He then asked me to step to the rear of my truck and put my hands on the hood of his cruiser, I did, Then he asked me if I had any other weapons on me, I told him I had a Buck on my side, He asked me to put my hands behind my back and interlock my fingers, I did, Then he held onto my hands and said he was going to disarm me for his safety and mine, I said sure. By this time a second LEO had pulled up and got out of his car, then he said he was going to get my gun out of my truck and I said sure, This had never happened to me before but I understand what these guys deal with and I didn't feel assaulted or anything, So he got my gun and checked it out and said nice Glock then he placed it back into my truck. He then handed me back my Buck and said Slow it down, I was speeding a lil, LOL He handed me back my info and told me to have a good night, I said thanks and you guys be safe out there. It was different from other times I have been stopped but that's ok, I understand what them guy go through with jerks all the time. They were a couple of decent guys just doing their jobs and I think that because I was so cooperative and treated them with respect that they were cool with me and didn't give me a speeding ticket when they very easily could have. I was speeding after all! LOL It was a mutual respectful encounter that ended pleasantly, But putting myself in their shoes I would have been cautious from the beginning too. No sense in getting my drawers in a wad over anything. I did get to work on time and without any fines! lol

While we are on the subject of positive experiences, I have one from the 80`s if that counts. Walking home from Kennesaw to Marietta one nght on 41. Friend took my car home early. He found a girl before she was drunk. I could not understand why the side of the road kept moving away from me as I walked and twisted my ankle in a pot hole. Well, half way home headlights shine between my legs and its Cobb County. I lived about 3 blocks from their precinct at the time and he gave me a lift home.Was very polite and grew up in my home state, I told him I was leary cause I figured a public drunk charge was coming at first.He just laughed and said why? Your not driving home, so I have no reason to ticket you.

I got pulled over today by Gwinnett County PD. When he came up to my window I handed over my I.D. and let him know that I had firearms in the vehicle and that I had just got done shooting at the range and I told him where all of them were. All he said was,"Okay, thanks for letting me know. Now do you know why I stopped you?" He didn't seemed the least bit concerned that I had firearms in the car. He let me off with a warning and I thanked him for not ticketing me and also for respecting my 2A rights. He just smiled and told me to have a nice day and be more careful driving.

About twelve years ago, we were on the way to my In-Law's house on Thanksgiving Day...Had a Blow-Out on I-75 Northbound, just North of the 75/575 "Split"...As we "Limped" on over to the shoulder, a Cobb Co. PD Car pulled in behind me...

As I exited our car, the Officer approached me & asked what happened...When I explained, HE Volunteered to change the Tire for me--!!! I declined his very kind offer, and he told me he would stay in his Patrol Car--about 30--40 feet behind us--and leave his Flashing Lights on to keep me from getting RUN OVER while I changed the Tire...Which he DID...Kudo's!... :) ....mikey357 ....mikey357

Back
Top Bottom