• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Leo encounter..... Can you believe it!!!!!

I've had two instances with officers while armed. I wont go into detail about them other than the experience between the officers and I was polite and professional. We parted on a good note.

Most officers are friendly, good folks just like the rest of us. There are bad apples in every bunch just like anything else but some of the nicest and best people in the world are our law enforcement officers. Still, I'm not going to call one before I grab my 12 gauge if someone is breaking into my home. I will call them after.

got pulled over for not coming to a complete stop a few days ago. leo was a young attractive woman. struck a convo up with her and found out she was just a few months into the job, had patrol duty and that she was a co-worker's 2nd cousin. i was honest and told her i did it cuz i didn't think. she gave me a warning and let me be on my way. wouldn't mind getting pulled over by her more often, though the wife might not like it

Great thread Deaken. Thx abunch. Oh, and they're "police interceptors", not a Taurus. Just ask Ford, they'll tell ya. Lol.

Last edited:
Was on the way home from work late on a Saturday night, and had just gotten off of I20 at Sigman Rd in Conyers. I turned onto the access road, then onto Mcdaniels Mill Rd heading home, and I happen to look up in my rear view mirror, and I see a cop coming at a high rate of speed with lights going, from behind me. Well, guess what, he was pulling ME over! So I pulled to the side of the road, and the officer approached my window, and asked for my license. I handed it to him along with my GWL, and he asked if I was armed, which I said yes, but it was in the glove box. He said just leave it in the glove box, not a problem. He said he pulled me over because my tail lights were out. I looked down at my dash, and realized i had not turned my lights on, because the car has auto on headlights, but the running lights don't come on unless I turn them on. I turned them on, and asked him if I had lights, and he said yes, and he said to hold tight he would be right back. He walked back to his car, and within 2 minutes he was back handed me my license and told me to be safe, and have a good night. I thanked him for not ticketing me, and went upon my way. The whole encounter was pleasant, and very professional, and he didn't at once seem to mind that I was armed, or at least didn't give the impression. He could have very well have ticketed me, but for whatever reason, he didn't.
Most of the time,when you're honest about the gun they tend to be more trusting in you.But I also heard and read many stories where when they stated they indeed had a weapon,they was given a hard time about it.

Back
Top Bottom