• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LEOs, WTF did I just see on I-75?

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
228   0
Reaction score
Bog standard Impala bucket, no livery what so ever, POV tag, blue light bars inside the windscreen and rear glass, had a mini van pulled over at the 16/75 split. Momo (the popo?) waddling up to the minivan, flipflops, holey cargo shorts, ratty tee shirt skrugglin' to cover an 8" belly overlap of the waist of the shorts, about 434 & 7/8ths pounds, no gun, no gunbelt, no taser, no badge, nothing to indicate he was a well fed deputy or cop. I thought it was against state law to have blue lights in a POV?

Only against the law to operate them on a public roadway or to impersonate law enforcement.
There is no exemption for places other than public roadways or impersonating a leo.

“It is unlawful for any person, firm, or corporation to operate any motor vehicle equipped with or containing a device capable of producing any blue lights, whether flashing, blinking, revolving, or stationary”

OP I’m not sure what you saw. Sheriff’s are permitted to have blue lights in their pov, subject to certain requirements. Maybe that’s what you saw, but I hope not, lol.

Also could be one of the special ones, like members of the Public Safety Commission, who are granted permits to have blue lights in a pov, but again I hope not.

Back
Top Bottom