• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LEOs, WTF did I just see on I-75?

There is no exemption for places other than public roadways or impersonating a leo.

“It is unlawful for any person, firm, or corporation to operate any motor vehicle equipped with or containing a device capable of producing any blue lights, whether flashing, blinking, revolving, or stationary”

OP I’m not sure what you saw. Sheriff’s are permitted to have blue lights in their pov, subject to certain requirements. Maybe that’s what you saw, but I hope not, lol.

Also could be one of the special ones, like members of the Public Safety Commission, who are granted permits to have blue lights in a pov, but again I hope not.
This is something I had to get used to in Texas. EVERYTHING has flashing blue lights... wreckers, even construction crew vehicles, and maybe even utility trucks!

That, and the highway exit signs with the yellow bars at the bottom that AREN'T exit only signs... what's the point? In GA I could tell a mile back that the rightmost lane was exit only. Not here; you gotta keep looking until the last moment. I like an awful lot of things about Texas, but that's just plain stupid.

I know DNR has made several cases for party boats riding with blue lights.

Back to OP, I know public safety has some more or less unmarked cars with blues. Although they focus on trucks, they are LEO and can jack up anyone they want to.

I know DNR has made several cases for party boats riding with blue lights.

Back to OP, I know public safety has some more or less unmarked cars with blues. Although they focus on trucks, they are LEO and can jack up anyone they want to.
Not without a state plate though. They use POVs and weigh 400lbs?

Back
Top Bottom