• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LEOs, WTF did I just see on I-75?

Yeah I was driving a blue Super Beetle with no rear deck lid and a straight pipe header. They got behind me leaving my job at Rose's on Pio Nono and followed me halfway down Williamson Rd. But MPD didn't hire intelligent officers back then either.
Off topic but I sure miss the good surplus gun deals I used to get at that store. :(

Off topic but I sure miss the good surplus gun deals I used to get at that store. :(
I was just shooting the **** with a kid at the Academy gun counter. He asked me if SKSs were really $99.00. I told him back then $99.00 was high retail. I brought SO many Century boxes FULL of cosmoline for customers to "Hand Pick" their $49.00 Mosins. Store probably lost money at that price once you figure in all the paper towels we used up.

Nothing to see here -Move along ...............
Nothing to See Here.gif

I was just shooting the **** with a kid at the Academy gun counter. He asked me if SKSs were really $99.00. I told him back then $99.00 was high retail. I brought SO many Century boxes FULL of cosmoline for customers to "Hand Pick" their $49.00 Mosins. Store probably lost money at that price once you figure in all the paper towels we used up.
The last one I bought there was a French 7.5mm MAS 49/56. Paid $145 plus tax. Ahhhhhh the good old days.
11758.jpg

The last one I bought there was a French 7.5mm MAS 49/56. Paid $145 plus tax. Ahhhhhh the good old days.View attachment 5890640
I couldn't pay off a lay away at Rose's back in 90 on an FR8 Mauser that I really wanted. It was like $159.00 back then. But I was Old Milwaukee broke back then. I'm talking fried Bologna and Kroger Mac and cheese broke.

Back
Top Bottom