• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s have fun. This is a “are you ****ting me” prices.

Wanna see scary, check out ammoseek https://ammoseek.com/ for latest prices.
BTW, I’m fixin’ to thin my stash of some calibers for guns I no longer own or am “over-stocked” on.
Hope to get it posted sometime this week, but mucho lazy.
I just 5 minutes ago unsubscribed from their emails for that reason. Same reason I will not deal with CTD, Surplus Ammo and Arms and a few others that pulled that crap after Sandy Hook.

I understand fully how free markets work, capitalism, all that stuff. I fully realize that no one is forcing anyone to buy at those inflated prices and no one is forcing me to look at them, and believe me, I try not to even look. Even though I understand it, It still has a negative effect on what I think of the people doing it. I am pretty sure I am not alone. How is it any different than selling plywood at $150 a sheet when a storm is brewing?
It’s the basic ant and grasshopper fable.
If you don’t plan ahead...

I understand fully how free markets work, capitalism, all that stuff. I fully realize that no one is forcing anyone to buy at those inflated prices and no one is forcing me to look at them, and believe me, I try not to even look. Even though I understand it, It still has a negative effect on what I think of the people doing it. I am pretty sure I am not alone. How is it any different than selling $35 plywood at $150 a sheet when a storm is brewing?
You live in a hurricane zone and you don't keep plywood on hand to board up? Too bad for you. 1,000 grasshoppers trying to buy plywood when only enough for 100 unprepared people is available? Price goes up.

All the other folks stand around scratching their noggins wondering, "What's happening?" and whining.

Man, is that a true statement! The whinning is nearly non-stop lately. But hey, "whine on".
I'm just hoping the Momo's whining for a site where all the sellers are ignorant of market conditions will find such and post that site's name here so I can buy low and sell high

You live in a hurricane zone and you don't keep plywood on hand to board up? Too bad for you. 1,000 grasshoppers trying to buy plywood when only enough for 100 unprepared people is available? Price goes up.

All the other folks stand around scratching their noggins wondering, "What's happening?" and whining.

I get that too but if you had extra plywood sitting around that you paid $35 for and you are selling it to your friends and neighbors for $150 then is that the same thing? My prices have gone up a few dollars on some things because my cost has gone up but I'm not jacking my rates up just because I can, and I am not whining about anything. Just stating a fact about how I see it. The prices you see on here have nothing to do with the market. When new Glocks become available they are still the same dealer cost as they were a few months ago. I sell them at the same price I did. Artificially jacking up the market hurts everyone, including the ones doing it. Do what you want and justify it with what ever fancy words you think you understand but you will all get bit in the ass in the end.

If you observe Glocks sailing away at $750+ and you decide to list yours for $350? Goody for you. You can feel good about yourself. But don't post later whining when that buyer relists the Glock here for $750. He obviously a.) is smarter than you are, b.) needed the $400 'come up' more than you decided you did, or c.) he's an evil profiteer taking advantage of the brethren of the ODT for personal enrichment.

People deciding that it's any of their business what someone lists an item at (price-wise) is about the most stupid thing I see here.

Honestly, I have no idea how some of you 'dealers' stay in business.

Back
Top Bottom