• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's talk a little about carrying...

I work from home and have a fat gut. Carrying all the time is a real chore for me. Obviously, that's a bigger risk than carrying appendix OR in Condition 3.

Getting habituated to carrying, and really knowing your manual of arms and training to it are key.

OMG... I had hoped this argument had died off like the last idiot who thought it was a good idea to carry on an empty chamber.

If it's on my person, it's hot and ready like $5 pizza from Ceasar.
No one is arguing, and it was a post asking what everyone prefers....
I have my reasons for having carried that way, I don't really think that just because someone carries without one chambered makes them an idiot? You sir sound like the only one trying to start an argument....

No one is arguing, and it was a post asking what everyone prefers....
I have my reasons for having carried that way, I don't really think that just because someone carries without one chambered makes them an idiot? You sir sound like the only one trying to start an argument....
It’s a discussion, some people will agree and some will disagree . Sometimes we learn something new, from someone with a different perspective .

I can see a valid reason why I might want other people to carry in Condition 3 - for my safety.

People who carry guns who never practice, have poor trigger discipline and/or insist on carrying with an inappropriate or no holster, just to name a few.

You have to admit, most of you have seen or know people like this.

Edit: I can even think of a few specific situations where I might even be prepared to return to carrying Condition 3.

I've carried for more than 40yrs. I've carried in different ways. Main thing is to keep it simple, be responsible and professional about it. Train with your equipment, be able to hit what you're aiming at. I always carry the largest cartridge I can comfortably carry and conceal. Always carry concealed for the element of surprise. That's your best defense. Unless it's an occupational thing. Also as another thing, train in a scenario as if someone was trying to take your weapon from you. Having training like this ahead of time could make all the difference in the world. You own every round that goes down range, hit or miss. You can't take it back. That said, I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Be safe, keep your head on a swivel. Be alert and be prepared. Carrying a weapon in public is a big responsibility

Back
Top Bottom