• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Leveled truck alignment issues

DADI03

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
I put a leveling kit in my 2017 silverado. It's been aligned 3 times now. It holds it for about 2 weeks then it gets bad out.
It will align but it won't stay aligned. When it slips out it knocks the pins out. Which are a bitch to put in. By I'm getting good at it.

Details
Lift blocks/spacers
New upper control arms
New camber bolts.

Any thoughts on what our why this is happening. The place that is aligning it might not of been the best for this but they've done other vehicles for me with no issues

Knocks what pins out? Is it s toe or camber issue when it gets out of alignment?

My guess Is the caster camber adjusters are not being tighten good enough or you have really cheap ones and they are stretching or just the oblonged ends are slightly to small to letting them slip past the adjuster catch .

Generic pics, but similar concepts. My camber bolts are on the top. The red pins in the second pic getting knifed out from movement. I should of tightened it up myself after the last one to see if they weren't getting everything tight enough.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220927-231540_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220927-231540_Chrome.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20220927-232006_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220927-232006_Chrome.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 12
Generic pics, but similar concepts. My camber bolts are on the top. The red pins in the second pic getting knifed out from movement. I should of tightened it up myself after the last one to see if they weren't getting everything tight enough.

Those red pins don't move they are just guids. And yes tighten the crap out of them. But before make sure that there are enough threads on the bold so the nut isn't just getting snagged up against the shoulder of the bolt.

When I install those setups to tight isn't even a thing.

Ok so I'm trying to get this back together this weekend. I got new pins but they're not seating well due to the way they came out.
Google has a bunch of people that put through bolts. But mine doesn't have enough room in there to accommodate the head of a bolt.
Thinking about throwing a tack weld on them. What do you think? How risky is that with computers on cars now?

Ok so I'm trying to get this back together this weekend. I got new pins but they're not seating well due to the way they came out.
Google has a bunch of people that put through bolts. But mine doesn't have enough room in there to accommodate the head of a bolt.
Thinking about throwing a tack weld on them. What do you think? How risky is that with computers on cars now?

Not risky at all. Make sure your ground is obviously as close your your weld as possible it shouldn't be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom