• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

looking for a class 3 gunsmith

pistolpat

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
52   0
Reaction score
I have a Mossberg 500 I want cut down right in front of the forend so that there will be no modifications to it just the barrel and mag tube so the capacity will be 4+1.I also need it drilled and re-tapped for a bead site and cerakoated and receiver engraving. Private message me with your quotes and where your located.

Just something to think about. With a barrel that short you definitely want a bead "Ramp" soldered on the barrel first and then have the bead put into that. Having the bead put straight into the barrel will have your POA and POI way off.

Side note - most gunsmiths will not touch the barrel shortening without having the BATFE Form 1 (Tax stamp) on hand. So if you are trying to get ahead of that from BATFE you may be out of luck.

Regards,

Rob

Just something to think about. With a barrel that short you definitely want a bead "Ramp" soldered on the barrel first and then have the bead put into that. Having the bead put straight into the barrel will have your POA and POI way off.

Side note - most gunsmiths will not touch the barrel shortening without having the BATFE Form 1 (Tax stamp) on hand. So if you are trying to get ahead of that from BATFE you may be out of luck.

Regards,

Rob

This. Get your stamp back and pretty much anyone can do it. If you don't have your stamp FIRST.. they'd be committing a no-no.

Back
Top Bottom