Looking for a comfortable pair of steel toe boots. What do you wear?

I have never worn slip ons or the ones with zippers so lace up it is. 6" or 8" with steel toes and all black. Most everything I run into locally is not black. I wear my boots for work and home 365 days. I have tried Timberline Pro but they are too heavy and the $200 pair of Doc Martens I have were worn less than 5 times. I wear the Wolverines all year long but now they are not comfortable anymore. I work around the military still so pounding concrete, pavement, ladders and submarines nearly every day.

OP are you looking for slip on or lace up?
Below the ankle or regular height? i.e. 8-10"

Georgia boot with the comfort core system. mine are not steel toed, but ive been wearing the same pair of ga boots daily for 6 1/2 years. theyre gortex boots that still keep me dry. and they have a vibram outsole that still has over 50%+ tread left after daily use.

For you guys who are liking the Keen's, where are you finding them locally? I have a set of the Keen Utility Cleveland's that I canNOT find a replacement for. Love the boot, but I can't find another set to save my life in 11Wide. Tried online and all.

Can you get away with composite toes? Those will save quite a bit of weight. Out here on the rig they use mostly Timberland PR and composite toe Wellingtons for anyone working with electricity.

Georgia boots were sold and I won't get the new ones.
Ariats, they're better than any of the others mentioned, at least have been for me. Own three pairs of work/cowboy boots. Won't buy another brand any more
I work in a machine shop and can't imagine wearing anything less on the old busted floor.

Try Twisted X for steeltoe cowboy boots. They're a bunch of ex-Ariat guys who make durable boots. All my Ariats wore out in less than a year of wearing them. All the comfort and they last you for years of abuse. I crashed my motorcycle, never oil them, beat and abused them. Even filled them with beer for someone to drink out of (rugby thing, if you have to ask you won't understand).

I have never worn slip ons or the ones with zippers so lace up it is. 6" or 8" with steel toes and all black. Most everything I run into locally is not black. I wear my boots for work and home 365 days. I have tried Timberline Pro but they are too heavy and the $200 pair of Doc Martens I have were worn less than 5 times. I wear the Wolverines all year long but now they are not comfortable anymore. I work around the military still so pounding concrete, pavement, ladders and submarines nearly every day.

Look at unionbootpro.com

I'm on my 3rd pair of thorogood American made slip ons for 3 years.
In Industrail construction, (Paper Mills and Power Plants), 1 year in a pair of boots is all anyone can ask for.

Back
Top Bottom