Looking for a comfortable pair of steel toe boots. What do you wear?

I've been wearing wolverines for years. I buy the durashocks. My workdays are 12 hours plus on concrete. After about 8 months i replace the insoles, i get about 4 years of wear out of them by doing this. I've tried several others, but find my feet back in the wolverines. As with anything else, try good quality boots until you find what is more comfortable to you.

Here is how my search for Red Wings went:
On their website they listed 3 retailers near 31548. 1 had a disconnected phone number and the guy had moved 3yrs ago. 1 no longer sold any boots. The last one had no black boots. I called the actual Red Wing store listed in Jacksonville 45 miles one way and the Wingnut answers and tells me to call back in 15 or 20 minutes. I just needed a stock and price check because I had the style numbers.

So much for Red Wing!

I called Gander Mountain Jacksonville and they only carry 1 off brand of black steel toe boot (no Danners). I asked the lady why they only carry 1 black steel toe with 3 military bases in the surrounding area? Response was nothing but crickets!

My foot is tough to fit and I need to try them on so I don't normally use mail order unless it is something I already wear and know the boot will fit perfectly.

Georgia boots are excellent. I have had one pair for over 10 years. They are not steel toe but they are durable and everything they are supposed to be and then some.

I have a pair of Carhartt steel toe boots I have been wearing for over a year and they are very good. I'm flat footed and work on concrete all day. My gf bought them for me and she got it right with these boots.

mens-converse-8-rapid-response-ct-sz-desert-tan.jpg
http://tacticalgear.com/mens-conver...m_medium=sce&gclid=CPaVgMf_kLkCFYFhMgodnRkAAA

started wearing them in the sandbox...
I don't want to quit.
Its like a sneaker... that supports like a boot

Its composite toe is rated ASTM F2413-05 I/75 C/75. That means that toes will be safe from an impact up to 75 pounds and compressive loads up to 2,500 pounds.

Last edited:
I have a pair of LaCross that I picked up in Ohio 3 years ago that are damn comfortable. I used to have a set of Whites that were absolutely amazing, but after 12 years I finally threw them away. I have yet to find a boot as comfortable as those whites, but of course they were 450 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom