• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a good red dot for someone with a stigmatism

jastricker

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
192   0
Reaction score
I am looking for a red dot or reflex scope that works for people with an astigmatism. I am able to see the red dot on cheap $30 red dot I think they are reflex sights. I was wondering if someone on here that has an astigmatism can guide me to a decent not to expensive red dot for an ar preferably with a Nv setting as well

If you are having that severe of a problem with astigmatism then I would skip directly to a low power variable scope. A bright illuminated model like the Burris MTAC or XTR II works 99% as good as a RDS on 1x and much better at distance.

Weight is the only downside of a LPV for a general purpose rifle.

Another vote for the Vortex Spitfire. Excellent optic for the money. They come in 1x and 3x versions and are actually focusable prism scopes. I can no longer use regular red dots due to astigmatism and these little scopes solved the problem nicely.

Try the holosun hs503cu or hs503gu. All the Aimpoints I tried looked like crap to me. I tried an H1, T2, Aimpoint pro and a Comp M4. The holosun I mentioned looks really good.

do you wear glasses? I've had astigmatism forever..generally easy to correct with glasses.. I'm forced to wear Bifocals on a daily basis but use single vision lenses when I shoot.. I have no issue seeing a round dot with Ultradots or Aimpoint 9000 and 3000 dots.. turn the brightness now helps

With astigmatism, you're stuck with an lpvo, eotech or prism scope if you want your reticle to be perfectly clear. Astigmatism can be corrected in some cases by your eye doctor. I have it in my non dominate eye and new glasses greatly improve it for about 6 months. I can still use a red dot with that eye but it isn't perfectly round. That's not an issue for me at 100 yds, which is the longest distance the wma range near me goes to. I've tried the three options I mentioned and all 3 fix the astigmatism issue for me.

Back
Top Bottom