• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for feedback: Kriss Vector 9mm Gen 2 vs CZ Scorpion EVO, Suppressed SBR

lisztomania7

Default rank <1500 posts
Mall Ninja
120   0
Reaction score
I've been thinking about SBR'ing one of these 9mm 'pistols' for a while now, and I'll be making a purchase and submitting my tax stamp sometime in the next two months before the ATF 41P shenanigans.

At first I wanted the MPX, but decided against it. One of the biggest reasons was I saw that it blew a lot of gas in the face of the shooter when running suppressed. Whatever I get, it'll be shot with an AAC Ti-Rant 9 on in at least 75% of the time.

The CZ is inexpensive to get into, runs great suppressed (very little gas blowback), easy to break down, very 'tacticool' design. Cons are that I would have to get some aftermarket parts including a thread adapter, or just have the barrel rethreaded. (The 2016 EVO fixes the thread pitch issue but it won't be out for a few months; probably too late for 41P) It's also extremely hard to find, whereas I could buy the Vector online right now.

The Vector (Gen 2) is a lot less expensive than it used to be - actually, I don't think the price difference between it and the Scorpion would be much at all after rethreading the barrel, buying an aftermarket safety/grip. Maybe a couple of hundred different. Since I'll be getting a stamp on this and keeping it for life that isn't much of an issue. The Vector seems ready to go out of the box, and is equally as 'tacticool' as the Scorpion ;)

The thing is - I don't know very much about the new-and-improved Vector. Everything that I've seen online has had Kriss directly involved, not reviewed by an independent third party. Is it reliable? Does it run really well suppressed? Is it as durable as the Scorpion? Any info is appreciated.

P.S. I'm wanting this to be my wife's 'long gun'. She's very petite and shies away from an AR, so I want this to be user-friendly for her. The Vector supposedly has great recoil reduction - I saw a video of the 9mm SBR and it looked like shooting a .22. I know "it's only a 9mm", but the Scorpion has a little bit sharper recoil.

2016 models will be threaded 1/2x28 http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol-2/, but I don't know if they will be in stock before 41f. Early summer is what I "think" I read. Recoil will probably be the issue. My wife is the same way which is why I built her an AR SBR with a heavy buffer. I shot the Kriss once suppressed. Personally I didn't care for the ergos, but it was nice and not too gassy from my standpoint.

I have some experience with the Vector, although not a ton. IMHO I would stay away as I don't trust it's reliability. However, my uncle owns one (I have not shot his) and he loves it. If you go with the Vector, let me know what your experience is as I'm also wanting to SBR a 9mm just like the three you mentioned. I would be running a Tirant 45 though unless I decide to buy another can.

A lot of people don't like the vector and it is a little different but I like it. The only one I've ever shot suppressed was full auto but it was really sweet. The scorpion is very hard to find right now because everyone wants one for the same reason as you and it is a lot cheaper than anything else like it.

I am in the same boat as well. Really leaning toward the Vector, but no one has them in stock. No dealers or warehouses have inventory, don't want to order online. I found a .45 but I want 9mm. My order of choice would be:
Vector
Scorpion
MPX

My friend got lucky yesterday and was able to order a scorpion online, so whenever he gets it that may sway me.

I really like Gemtech's suppressed bolt carrier as it helps re-direct the gas away from your face. I wonder if they have any plans on making one for the Sig MPX? If so, that would be sweet!

I went with a gen2 9mm vector pistol with plans on filing to short barel it. I don't mind the look of them. But the deciding factor for me was that my edc is a glock 19. So my vector rides with my g17 in my edc bag (because they take the same mags), and my g19 is on my side.

I have a scorpion and love it. Waiting for my can still. FWIW, Accurate Ordnance in Winder will rethread Scorpion barrels for $135

Back
Top Bottom