• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for Landcruiser parts and mechanic

ch035

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
just picked up a 93 fj80. The front seats are destroyed and I just threw the rear carpet out.

I need someone who will work on it at a reasonable price.

Anyone have a lead on some seats?

might want to consider having them reupholstered and
dont forget to include similar makes like truck models
in your search they will probably bolt right in

goodluck

Save the seat rails and bolt them into other models such as Tacoma 4runner FJ Etc

Most Toyota parts are cross compatible from the beginning to end lol

Any recommendations for seat upholstery people? I was thinking of going to get a cheap memory foam mattress pad and gluing it down then stapling seat covers over the top... the brackets are fine but the motor moves up and down but not back and forth

Any recommendations for seat upholstery people? I was thinking of going to get a cheap memory foam mattress pad and gluing it down then stapling seat covers over the top... the brackets are fine but the motor moves up and down but not back and forth
If it's going to be an off-road toy, head down to pull a part in Norcoss and look for a 4runner with cloth seats/manual controls. They are more likely to be intact and cleanable than any leather you'll find. The manual seats controls will last forever.

It just leaks a bit of oil, the speedo says I'm going 100+ mph when I'm going around 50mph, the rear window motors are shot and the a/c. Needs to be charged. And... it could use a real radio with some real speakers.

I'd like to get all fluids flushed, hoses/ belts replaced, brakes, plugs, wires, all the bolts tightened down, ya know- all the normal old car over haul stuff.

If it's going to be an off-road toy, head down to pull a part in Norcoss and look for a 4runner with cloth seats/manual controls. They are more likely to be intact and cleanable than any leather you'll find. The manual seats controls will last forever.

I actually moved them back manually- stripped a screw in the process but now I can fit in there. Bought some seat covers. I had this grand plan of making it a nice ride- but it's a damn 350k mile 4wd toy. I have decided $$$ is better spent on fun stuff like suspension and big tires.

I actually moved them back manually- stripped a screw in the process but now I can fit in there. Bought some seat covers. I had this grand plan of making it a nice ride- but it's a damn 350k mile 4wd toy. I have decided $$$ is better spent on fun stuff like suspension and big tires.
It's a good plan. Just remember that parts at a Pull a Part or similar lot are cheap. Seats are $35 each. For the suspension (If you haven't already decided) go with an Old Man Emu suspension kit. It's the best thing on the market for a Landcruiser.

http://www.cruisercorps.com/old-man...MIqOn42POa1gIVC1mGCh3Y8QiCEAAYASAAEgLkmPD_BwE

images.jpg

Back
Top Bottom