• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for Landcruiser parts and mechanic

If you aren't there already, checkout the 80's section on IH8mud.com. The answer to your every question lies in the search field.

For seats, lots of guy mod car seats, BMW M3 seat, WRX seats, etc. to attach to the factory brackets. The seat cushions are still available for around $90 each, and some guys on MUD sell leather upholstery kits if yours in leather. If they're cloth, it's easier to just put new seats in.

Oil leaks can be simple or a pain. rear oil leak can be rear main or rear oil pan arch. Both suck to fix, but the oil pan arch is cheap, just a pain to access.

in the front it's typically the oil pump cover and is again cheap, but a pain some times.

Decide on the tire size, and then lift based on that. You don't need a lift for 285s (33'), but can do 2" easily with coils and shocks (I agree on OME- check out cruiser outfitters for lift components. The owner knows everything you could ask) IF you're going with 315's (35's) you can fit them stock, but they'll rub, so 4" is recommended. At 4" you need to correct castor and need control arm drop brackets up front and may get driveline vibes, which can be fixed a couple ways.

93 is arguably the best year. The only year to get the big cold weather starter, has the AF442 bus transmission.

Factory lockers?

just picked up a 93 fj80. The front seats are destroyed and I just threw the rear carpet out.

I need someone who will work on it at a reasonable price.

Robert's Automotive in Suwanee. Best local/non-dealer mechanic I've ever had. Honest and thorough. Don't know if he works on Landcruisers, but he's worked on both American and Japanese makes for me and my neighbors, and doesn't shy away from old stuff or unusual repairs. I had a problem with a Lincoln SUV that AAMCO in Duluth created while doing scheduled maintenance. Three trips back to AAMCO, they couldn't solve it. One trip to Robert, he did some extra research, identified the issue, and fixed ASAP.

If you aren't there already, checkout the 80's section on IH8mud.com. The answer to your every question lies in the search field.

For seats, lots of guy mod car seats, BMW M3 seat, WRX seats, etc. to attach to the factory brackets. The seat cushions are still available for around $90 each, and some guys on MUD sell leather upholstery kits if yours in leather. If they're cloth, it's easier to just put new seats in.

Oil leaks can be simple or a pain. rear oil leak can be rear main or rear oil pan arch. Both suck to fix, but the oil pan arch is cheap, just a pain to access.

in the front it's typically the oil pump cover and is again cheap, but a pain some times.

Decide on the tire size, and then lift based on that. You don't need a lift for 285s (33'), but can do 2" easily with coils and shocks (I agree on OME- check out cruiser outfitters for lift components. The owner knows everything you could ask) IF you're going with 315's (35's) you can fit them stock, but they'll rub, so 4" is recommended. At 4" you need to correct castor and need control arm drop brackets up front and may get driveline vibes, which can be fixed a couple ways.

93 is arguably the best year. The only year to get the big cold weather starter, has the AF442 bus transmission.

Factory lockers?

http://accgarage.com/
I haven't used them personally yet but have heard lots of good things. Will be taking my 02 to them soon for some upgrades.

Just signed up over there. Thanks for the help. It doesn't have a switch to turn the lockers on and off but when I put it in 4lo it says something like diff lock or something. Unsure what that means at the moment.

1993 with a clean car fax, I'm the 3rd owner.

Attachments

• IMG_6142.JPG
    IMG_6142.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom