• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to purchase a new AR any suggestions?

CBGJAY

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
Currently looking into buying my first AR.
I’ve been around handguns my whole life and I enjoy building them but never really got into long rifles. I’m not sure what to look for in a good AR. I want something reliable but not too pricey I’m trying to stick in the $700-$900 range. Also what are the first accessories I should add to it? Optics, lights etc… THANKS!!

PSA is hard to beat at this price, lifetime warranty and all.

Currently looking into buying my first AR.
I’ve been around handguns my whole life and I enjoy building them but never really got into long rifles. I’m not sure what to look for in a good AR. I want something reliable but not too pricey I’m trying to stick in the $700-$900 range. Also what are the first accessories I should add to it? Optics, lights etc… THANKS!!
the CTS tactical offer is a good deal and an ODT regular. Couldn't go wrong with his deal.

If you’re new to the game, and want a quality gun without having to swap things out, I would buy a complete BCM or SOLGW and call it done. Quality guns for a solid price. Lots of great performance, proper building procedures, and quality control without too much of a premium. It’s a little above your price range if you find a deal but I’d say it’s worth it.

PSA is cheap, but a lot of parts can be out of spec and have issues. Buy once, cry once.

PSA is cheap, but a lot of parts can be out of spec and have issues. Buy once, cry once.
You know I read that on the internet occasionally but I have been selling them for near 10 years, literally sold thousands of them and to the best of my recollection I have had two come back with minor problems that I easily fixed right here, not to mention again they are life time warrantied.

Back
Top Bottom