• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lowers

lets play a game...

The base NLA gun is $1300 and is basically a frankengun.

Soooo...
PSA lower MOE LPK $40
Aero receivers $140
MI Rail $170
M4 barrel from Brownells $80 (Anderson) - 4140 M4 profile, non-chrome lined, 1/8 twist
MBUS $75
CTR $55
PSA RE kit $30
AIM NiB BCG $100
Muzzle device $30
gas block & tube $35

That's $755, without even trying to find a sale price or the cheapest vendor on a single part. 58% of the cost & 100% equivalent quality.

So my $500-600 mark may have been understated, but I could get close with some patient purchasing and good sale prices. AND these costs are at consumer prices, not dealer costs. NO ONE in the industry has a 42% margin. No One. And we have to assume that NLA is not paying the same cost that we would, so their margin is even greater.

Bottom line, it's an overpriced frankengun made from the absolute cheapest parts available to them.

Just at a look at that 1,300 dollar rifle Mtdawg was talking about costing 500-600 in build parts. I took a little time ( 5 min ) to just add up what I saw on the surface.

LPK- 65
Barrel- 135
adj. stock kit- 60
BCG- 169 for phosphate it the 1,300 gun has nickle boron
Aero Receivers- 140
Muzzle brake- 16 to be conservative
Magpul CTR stock 48
Midwest Ind. handguard- 179
Magpul sight set-75

That's 887 with no tax and no shipping. That's getting pricing from the parts listed for retail sale. That price also includes any color and doesn't account for a nickle boron bolt carrier which is far more than a standard carrier.
Forgive me if I am wrong but that's a far cry from 500-600 stated in mtdawg169s professional wisdom.
You can get the Elite set of receivers for 100 more.
Now I wouldn't buy one of those rifles just because I am not a fan of LBE Unlimited. However you can't blame a retail outfit for trying to make a little profit.
Mtdawg169 if you know where to get these prices for 50% off what is shown which is right of the parts manufacturers website please tell us so we can get these discounts.
I am not trying to be disrespectful but I feel as if I am missing something here.
That's all that I am adding to this thread.
Thank you and everyone have a wonderful day.
Why would a manufacturer build rifles using retail cost parts? Even if the parts were only marked up 30%, that's still $680-ish.

If your "manufacturing" them, I am sure you can find the parts for easily 40-50% cheaper. His number was pretty spot on.

Hell, if SR armory can sell PSA Premium rifles for the low $600-sh range and still make a few bucks, these costing around $400-$500 to build would be a pretty accurate number.

$1300 rifle - $500 parts = $800 labor to assemble → ****ing rip off.

image.jpeg

Why would a manufacturer build files using retail cost parts? Even if the parts were only marked up 30%, that's still $680-ish.

If your "manufacturing" them, I am sure you can find the parts for easily 40-50% cheaper. His number was pretty spot on.

Hell, if SR armory can sell PSA Premium rifles for the low $600-sh range and still make a few bucks, these costing around $400-$500 to build would be a pretty accurate number.

$1300 rifle - $500 parts = $800 labor to assemble → ****ing rip off.
What's funny is that if someone tried to sell me a gun assembled as I described above, I would not pay $750 for it and I sure as hell wouldn't pay $1300. You can get a Colt OEM and deck it out with a better rail & accessories for less than that.

First off, you start by not buying the ****ty overpriced parts from them. You buy ****ty parts from somewhere else. And in short order, you've got a ****ty clone of their ****ty gun for at least half the cost.

Dayam

You gonna have to go to church for both services this Sunday for that one.

What's funny is that if someone tried to sell me a gun assembled as I described above, I would not pay $750 for it and I sure as hell wouldn't pay $1300. You can get a Colt OEM and deck it out with a better rail & accessories for less than that.
Where's my 'Credible Hulk' meme when I need it?

Very true. Those Sionic uppers and lowers on that last sale you showed me were in that ball park too.

So many better options for the $$$$

Back
Top Bottom