• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lowers

Somewhat off topic, but fits the #stpuidhurts, I went to the range yesterday just to make sure a couple uppers that I put together work properly. Did a few mag dumps on a 10.5 inch 5.56 upper with a can on it. Turned around and a few guys were staring at me. One asked to see the rifle, so I stepped aside and said sure. As I'm opening my mouth to say "careful with the hot can," the guy wrapped his left hand around it. Pretty sure that the bit of smoke coming from the can was his meat. Stupid truly can hurt like a biatch.

I'll admit I never get tired of seeing that.

Soooo.... should I keep it to myself if I own an accu wedge? :noidea:
**** those things. I use to have one, but screw that hard to push out pin crap.

If a receiver set is nice and flush, great, if it rocks some then who cares...if you want to take the slop out without having to go though batches for that "Lego" fit, or trimming an accu wedge "just right", just buy a Gen 2 Aero Precision lower with the upper tensions screws. Even those can get adjusted to tight.

My KAC rifle has my best fitting receivers, but I still can get them apart using just my fingers to push them out....and they wiggle some too. Does not bother me.

Then I have one Spikes receiver that is tight on also every upper. Super annoying. Although the Geissele trigger fitting pin does great for pushing them out without stabbing a hole in your hand...lol

Somewhat off topic, but fits the #stpuidhurts, I went to the range yesterday just to make sure a couple uppers that I put together work properly. Did a few mag dumps on a 10.5 inch 5.56 upper with a can on it. Turned around and a few guys were staring at me. One asked to see the rifle, so I stepped aside and said sure. As I'm opening my mouth to say "careful with the hot can," the guy wrapped his left hand around it. Pretty sure that the bit of smoke coming from the can was his meat. Stupid truly can hurt like a biatch.

One advantage of the severed nerve endings is I can check my can without pain from the burn. :becky:

Just at a look at that 1,300 dollar rifle Mtdawg was talking about costing 500-600 in build parts. I took a little time ( 5 min ) to just add up what I saw on the surface.

LPK- 65
Barrel- 135
adj. stock kit- 60
BCG- 169 for phosphate it the 1,300 gun has nickle boron
Aero Receivers- 140
Muzzle brake- 16 to be conservative
Magpul CTR stock 48
Midwest Ind. handguard- 179
Magpul sight set-75

That's 887 with no tax and no shipping. That's getting pricing from the parts listed for retail sale. That price also includes any color and doesn't account for a nickle boron bolt carrier which is far more than a standard carrier.
Forgive me if I am wrong but that's a far cry from 500-600 stated in mtdawg169s professional wisdom.
You can get the Elite set of receivers for 100 more.
Now I wouldn't buy one of those rifles just because I am not a fan of LBE Unlimited. However you can't blame a retail outfit for trying to make a little profit.
Mtdawg169 if you know where to get these prices for 50% off what is shown which is right of the parts manufacturers website please tell us so we can get these discounts.
I am not trying to be disrespectful but I feel as if I am missing something here.
That's all that I am adding to this thread.
Thank you and everyone have a wonderful day.

Just at a look at that 1,300 dollar rifle Mtdawg was talking about costing 500-600 in build parts. I took a little time ( 5 min ) to just add up what I saw on the surface.

LPK- 65
Barrel- 135
adj. stock kit- 60
Aero Receivers- 140
Magpul CTR stock 48
Magpul sight set-75

That's 887 with no tax and no shipping. That's getting pricing from the parts listed for retail sale. That price also includes any color and doesn't account for a nickle boron bolt carrier which is far more than a standard carrier.
Forgive me if I am wrong but that's a far cry from 500-600 stated in mtdawg169s professional wisdom.
Now I wouldn't buy one of those rifles just because I am not a fan of LBE Unlimited. However you can't blame a retail outfit for trying to make a little profit.
Mtdawg169 if you know where to get these prices for 50% off what is shown which is right of the parts manufacturers website please tell us so we can get these discounts.
I am not trying to be disrespectful but I feel as if I am missing something here.

I wish I could get $400+ dollars to assemble a run of the mill AR.

LPK- 65
Barrel- 135
adj. stock kit- 60
Aero Receivers- 140
Magpul CTR stock 48
Magpul sight set-75

First off, you start by not buying the ****ty overpriced parts from them. You buy ****ty parts from somewhere else. And in short order, you've got a ****ty clone of their ****ty gun for at least half the cost.

image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom