LPVO: Edumacate Me, Fellow Tradesmen

Get a cheap LPVO to try out in case you don’t like it. I’ve tried basically every one under $1200 and have settled on an Acog with offset red dot.
I was just the opposite, I had the Agog with RMR on it and was unhappy with it. It was either too much for close targets or not enough power for longer targets. So I settled on a LPVO with an offset red dot for real close targets. I have used this combo in many matches and it works great.

1-8 or 1-10, ffp for sure.

1-6 is a toss for me, but would sfp.

Under 1-6, sfp.

On the 1-8 and 1-10, reticle design matters. What works on 1x, may be way too large on 8 or 10x, and vice versa. Vortex, eotech and Kahles have all figured out the reticle. The Gen 3 razor reticle is awesome. The PA platinum series is getting good reviews, but I haven't spent any time behind one.

The NX8 1-8 has a good reticle, it's light, and pretty tough, but the eyebox is tight.

You get what you pay for. Go Jap glass or better. Most scopes that are made in Japan are made by LOW. They know what they are doing, regardless of the name going on them.

Another one to consider is the new Leupol 2-10. I am not a Leupold fan by any means, but I was impressed with the one I played with a month ago.
You are getting better at internet.
I agree with all of the above.
Except for the Leuy. Not sure what they were thinking with that optic as the feature set mix has me wondering what the hell the use case is. Maybe for clip-ons...

You are getting better at internet.
I agree with all of the above.
Except for the Leuy. Not sure what they were thinking with that optic as the feature set mix has me wondering what the hell the use case is. Maybe for clip-ons...
I figure that the leupy suffers from the same thing that everything else they make suffers from. Can't track. But the glass did look good.

I figure that the leupy suffers from the same thing that everything else they make suffers from. Can't track. But the glass did look good.
They got the magnification and locking top turret correct but they missed the reticle, the too-tall top turret for piggybacking red dots, the stupid 35mm tube size on a 2-10 and the weight is a bit much.

Back
Top Bottom